Fake flight saddle????

Russell

Old School Grand Master
Did Selle Italia ever make a steel railed Flite? I've got this thing, looks like a Flite, Selle Italia base, you can just about make out the word 'Titanium 0.9' on the rail, but the rail is coated, and is corroding, the red thing hanging off it is a magnet!!!! As far as I'm aware, Flights never had coated rails, Titanium does not rust, and it isn't magnetic... Is this a fake? :?

9763795a2329123044b627880225l.jpg

9763795a2329123533b467674300l.jpg

i think they did do a steel one for oem bikes,why would anyone go to all the effort to make a fake? it doesnt say titanium on the leather either.

stew-b":3libtzp1 said:
why would anyone go to all the effort to make a fake? it doesnt say titanium on the leather either.

The same reason anyone fakes anything, to make money!

It says titanium on the rail.

never seen one, but doesn't mean the didn't make one. The top looks like a kevlar flight, would guess they did then! Though not sure why it would say titanium. :?

Anyway, is that a Campy Atek 36hole rim you want to sell there?

:D

gump":1ztemgg6 said:
Anyway, is that a Campy Atek 36hole rim you want to sell there?

Sorry, nope! Its a 1984 Araya rim (26x1.75, 36h) strong as an Ox. Unfortunately, the hub it was laced to exploded so now it's sat there waiting for me to get a suitable period hub and re-build it.

doh!!

I never had too much joy with Araya rims, always found them a bit 'soft'. the rm-17 especially.
1984 hubs, they're getting rare..

Here's an idea, :idea:
Turbo's use the same shape rails as a Flite, I know this 'cos I made a Ti Turbo out of a knackered Flite (don't remember why?!)

So... If someone bent the rails on their flite it is not beyond the realms of probability that they did the reverse, those aren't Turbo rails but any thing that fits would do I suppose. :)

Yeah, I suppose a home made bodge isn't out of the question... It only cost me £7 and it still only weighs 250g whatever it is. I'll keep looking for a ti railed flight for the Zaskar and use this one on my road bike :)

Yes, Flites in chromoly rails were and are still produced.

Should read "Chromium" on the rail.

Runs about half the price of the Ti version.

rody

Back