8 speed Campagnolo help needed

pete_mcc

Feature Bike
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Recently got a NOS set of wheels with Campag Record/Chorus hubs and an 8 speed cassette, but it is unlike any cassette I have seen from campag. It's a 21-11t 8 speed cassette and the 11t cog is also the lockring. Is this a 7speed hub and cassette with a Campagnolo converter kit to make it eight speed, or was this a standard 8 speed option as I can find no record of it. The cog/lockring is a genuine Campag part rather than some after market thing (like the TNT cog/lockring). Can anyone help identify what this is?

Cheers,

Pete

It sounds to me like Exadrive MK1.

If the cogs aren't ramped and there's only space on the splines for 7-sprockets, then I'm sure that's what it is. Campag cassette hubs were 7-speed for a couple of yeaers until about 1990.

Place I used to work, we had a few of those lockring/sprockets lying around. And they were def. original campag parts.

Thanks for that, I was just looking at the 1991 Campag Catalogue on campyonly and the hubs look like Croce D'aune and the cassette is just as you say - Mk1 cassette. You see I knew some wise soul on here would know! Cheers!!

Pete,
pretty sure I have the cassette tool here if you ever need :D

John":1pezq3q9 said:
Pete,
pretty sure I have the cassette tool here if you ever need :D

Cheers for that fella, but funnily enough my old 'cassette cracker' from my Uniglide days works a treat! (which strangely enough is down to the fact that Campy apparently used the Uniglide model when the patent ran out on it!)

Back