Mrs GT's new toy

rienster":zze43ado said:
Is the the old Altus group on the bike? Looks similar to the one on my girlfriends bike. Lovely (the bike that is)

Thanks ;)

The listing was a bit basic, but I've been told its got a bit of a STX, Deore, Hope and X-Lite :cool:

Glad you found something and it looks like a very good bike.
4'11"? Wow, my wife is 6' tall. Makes for easy bike swapping and cross dressing! (I would like to point out that last bit was a bit of Monday morning humour!!! Her stem is too short for me).

Iwasgoodonce":1s8ktuh6 said:
Glad you found something and it looks like a very good bike.

Yea, its a nice little steed for her.

Bit of work to do on it though, as it looks like the mechs, chainset and cassette have never been cleaned in their lives :roll: Also need to give the bike a good Muc-Off, as its quite grubby.

Already brought a new red Club Roost saddle for her as the Vetta was all ripped :x and I have some LX canti's waiting to go on.

Mrs GT's initial impressions are good though, but we just need to find a short, high ride stem for her to be completely comfy on it.

Some proper photos will follow in due course..... ;)

That looks a little bit big for someone under 5' IMO, but if she's happy with the fit then its a nice looking bike.

stevet1":2yyv4u8i said:
That looks a little bit big for someone under 5' IMO, but if she's happy with the fit then its a nice looking bike.

I agree, it is on the large side of comfortable, but yes she is happy ;)

Back