Cannondale Beast of the East rebuild / refresh project

oisin1heidi":3hjj01l5 said:
Hi

Lovely rebuild. Was looking for a bit of info. Where did you source the decals. I'm rebuilding a beast at the moment.

Thanks. The project has stalled a bit whilst I sort the wheels.

I got the decals from a chap called Gil_M who is a member on here.

I've decided that I need yo get this back on track, so have bought some temporary wheels off eBay tonight (LX hubs on D521's) which should see me through until I can afford to buy some Mavic rims and nice spokes and get my old Hope hubs built up.

Will try and get the frame dropped into a bike shop this week to get the bb threads chased through.

I'll get a new steerer ordered this week and the canti bosses. Hopefully it'll all be done in a few weeks time.

Headtube reducers

Hi all, hate to revive a zombie-ish thread, but I'm stuck and hoping for some help.

I have a BoTE just like this one, and I would like to change out to 1-1/8 threadless fork. But I cannot figure out what the headtube reducer should be? Some of the Cannondale reducers say they are 2", but I just drove the cups out of my frame and the inside dimension is about 37mm.

Can anyone definitively answer what size or type of reducer is required?

Thanks.

The head tube on these is 1 1/4 inch.

BETD do a set I'd reducer cups which I have fitted to mine. They were about £17.

I really need to get this finished but the wheels are holding it up....wheel builds are really expensive! Every time I get round to doing it, something else crops up.

Lookin good mate, strangely I quite like the colour choice, can't wait to see the final outcome!

Back