CANNONDALE ST400 1987

OSMojo

Old School Hero
There it was abandoned on Ebay, I had an SR500 BITD so this was my chance. Anyway I'll let the pics do the talking. It weighs 10.1kgs. Try playing Frank Stallone's "Save me darling I am down but I am Far from over" in the background whilst you check the before and afters.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzN1z5inW6I[/youtube]

OK.........................

...OK.....

........................ here goes, lot's of money later...

Here's the transformation

Panniers cleaned up lubbly

Hmm, not sure on that....

I presume the frame is a touring frame? Is that a brake bridge on the seatstays? I'd have to fit some centre pulls to make use of that. I'd replace the wheels with some chunky clinchers and fit some mudguards. Probably replace the tape and saddle with black.....ha each to their own :)

I like the mtb though and kudos to you for putting it back on the road.

Tel":17fp8nb1 said:
Hmm, not sure on that....

I presume the frame is a touring frame? Is that a brake bridge on the seatstays? I'd have to fit some centre pulls to make use of that. I'd replace the wheels with some chunky clinchers and fit some mudguards. Probably replace the tape and saddle with black.....ha each to their own :)

I like the mtb though and kudos to you for putting it back on the road.

It can be used for touring (as it was previously set up) it's what was known as a sports bike. Here's how Cannondale saw it. ;)

im gonna get me a cannondale one day, for years they turned their back on steel and carbon and grew bigger.
they always passed the reviews on build quality really well,so ive got to get that ticket !

Back