Project Zaskar updated 7/10/08 with some weird french stuff!

Should the RS forks be resprayed gold or black

• original gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • black to go with build

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
novekili":1u54j2ke said:
Nice decals!! Original or reproductions?

original decals (not the correct year but i like them more) going for a purely black and white build on this one with all gold bolts!!

Zaskar LE

It'll look really nice - got some of those stickers after I cleaned up my 96 Zaskar (16"), and also went the black and white route.

Attachments

• zaskar.jpg
    zaskar.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 2,528
ahh

that last one, what kind of hight u have on that fork? 100mm's? I'm gonna build up my avalance next week (I hope) with a 100mm's fork and I am a bit worried about the geometri, my friend has the same frame with 80mm's and that works fine but. I'm gonna go for a rigid fork later on but...

What kind of adapter did u use for the disc? I have to ride with my old battered 8 speed, xt wheel for v's until I get around to find something that works for discs...

Its called an A2Z adaptor and bolts around the dropout - around £20 in the UK. Photo shows how it attaches, and it works really well on the flat GT dropouts. BTW, it's a 100mm fork, and maybe it's partly because I'm used to it, but handling seems fine. :)

Attachments

• a2zadaptor.jpg
    a2zadaptor.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2,473
nporternz":3v8um6a8 said:
novekili":3v8um6a8 said:

original decals (not the correct year but i like them more) going for a purely black and white build on this one with all gold bolts!!

That's a nice frame, well done. Black and aluminium (silver) or black and white? Big difference imho.

I like black and silver as in TallPaul's post, and I'd keep the Manitou's, much nicer than Mag21's with all the CNC'd goodies. Then I'd echo the blue fork accents in details such as QR's, bottle cage, crank bolts etc.. just my 2 ct.

Enjoy!!

hmm

that's the one I've been looking at to, the problem is that I'm using avid BB7 mechanical brakes and well attaching the wire seems a bit tricky. they are really heavy to so, I'll have to consider changing to hydraulic brakes but the levers look so startrek on thoose, would be cool to have some XT topshifters in the future or maybe the paul/ barend converter. that might work. The fork could might work, or not work on my santa cruz it didn't work the angle got all messed up, but the GT should work... I hope. I'm not done painting the frame yet, but I'm hoping to get started building the bike next week or something like that...

IbocProSX":1yj6yydm said:
nporternz":1yj6yydm said:
novekili":1yj6yydm said:

That's a nice frame, well done. Black and aluminium (silver) or black and white? Big difference imho.

I like black and silver as in TallPaul's post, and I'd keep the Manitou's, much nicer than Mag21's with all the CNC'd goodies. Then I'd echo the blue fork accents in details such as QR's, bottle cage, crank bolts etc.. just my 2 ct.

Enjoy!!

black and aluminium going to be silver and black with gold bolts as have a nice set of Mag21s for it (the manitous are stuffed!!)

got nos syncros stuf coming for it

Nice!
You can get a really nice shiny look on the alloy with a very soft cloth (like eh.. Flanel, does any dutchy know the english word?) and use a bit of alloy-polish. Rub very gentle and it will look very nice.
This was a lot of work.
I'll try to find a picture of Martin's 1991 GT Zaskar LE which I polished, I was proud of the result.
Achtervork%20LTS%20klein.jpg

Back