Clockwork is back, and more retro than ever!

Stick Legs

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Built up today!

Hope you all like, sorry to disappoint the White and Orange crowd!

Attachments

• 19-10-06_2058.jpg
    19-10-06_2058.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 2,489
  • 20-10-06_1421.jpg
    20-10-06_1421.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 2,412
  • 20-10-06_1424.jpg
    20-10-06_1424.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 2,412
  • 20-10-06_1423.jpg
    20-10-06_1423.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 2,412
That is sweet!!! I love it.

I had a Prestige in black and you've awoken my urge to get another one... you bugger.

Spec list

Thanks Russell, I always wanted a black Prestige when I was at school, Only took another 15 years :LOL:

Spec list:

98 Clockwork frame 19"
XTR M900 cranks and rear mech
XT ('9:cool: V Brakes, hubs and Front mech
Mavic X517SupCD rims
Ritchey Logic head set and QR's
XTR 12 28 8speed block
BB un 72
Royce crank bolts
XTR cables
Syncros stem
Ringle post
Flite
Xlite bar ends
Bontrager bars
Sram chain
Gold bolts
NEW PDM737 pedals!

22.4 Lbs according to my old fish scales, will try to get it weighed properly!

Looks great that Stick Legs, real clean build. Better pics and it would be a definite BOTM contender

Russell":2ullau4a said:
I had a Prestige in black and you've awoken my urge to get another one... you bugger.

Hey, I remember that. Didn't you and Laney make v-brakes in the CDT lab :LOL:

Thanks John! I'll try and work out the camera and post some better pics. Failling that I'll email some to you if that's okay!

The Kona will be finished soon too, my cup runneth over :LOL:

OH! BTW the (9 :cool: is meant to read nintey eight :roll:

StickLegs,
no worries. Mail thme to admin@retrobike or stick them in the gallery.

John":w3s4ggdw said:
Hey, I remember that. Didn't you and Laney make v-brakes in the CDT lab :LOL:

Yeah, I did... It was my final project for A-level design. Made some 'grafton-a-likes' out of some aluminium plate, madness.

Just displaying my ignorance here (won't be the last time!) - back in 1991 my mate had an Orange Clockwork made of aluminium, painted white and orange - am I right in remembering this as I don't seem to have seen one like it around?

Aluminium Clockwork is probably wrong.

Orange made the Clockwork out of Tange Infinity and the Prestige and P7 out of Tange Prestige tubing, both steel.

The aluminium bikes were the Aluminium O and the Elite, can't remember what tubing exactly though. The Aluminium O was discontinued in about 1992 and the Elite cantinued through 4 generations to the E4 until it too was dropped fairly recently. The P7 continued right through and the Clockwork has been revived.

Orange and White are right colours for an Aluminium O though, the clockwork stickers may have been a later addition. Elites were almost always polished.

Unless anyone knows different!

Back