1991 Rocky Mountain Cirrus **New project** Update 10.10.2011

elalpine":3hmfphbd said:
I painted it. Never cut it. :LOL: aha, NOW I realise what the fuss is about. The post is worth more than the bike right? Anyway off to change the saddle for an original and readjust it.

i wouldn't say it's more valuable, but the fact that it is Syncros seatpost are in demand and valuable, and particularly that size is hard to come by as not many bikes made use of that size.

as for examples of RM Cirrus, there are quite a few recently posted here that have threads you can "hijack". For example here's mine which I've owned since 1992:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36455

And here's my RM Experience, which is the Cirrus "brother" which I'm currently working on:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=190112

And if you're interested in the fork, it's in my For Sale that's linked at the bottom in my signature. ;)

and don't dump the old bits, the LX canti's could have been sold on here and the stem may well sell on here.
Not saying for a lot, but this is RetroBike where the early 90's and the years either side are still happening :D

Thanks for all your help and advice folks. I feel a part of this retro family already, I only joined the other day bit wet behind the ears yet. When I say dump I mean in a box in the garage. When I have time i'll get into maybe advertising some old parts or exchange them, whatever really. Will check out your toys now mate. You were right the seatpost was facing the wrong way, saddle flat now and bolts at same height. I've seen a fair few 30.4 mm on ebay.com (usa version) postage is dear but the seatposts are reasonable.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi Mossy, wondering what the conclusion was on serial numbers? I'm going to start on my Cirrus soon and sn is YAO. But the seatpost is most def huge at 30.? and not 27.0 like mentioned in this thread

The Rocky Catalog for 1990 and 1991 show the Cirrus with Syncros forks but the 92 Catalog shows it coming with Mag 30. Any help would be appreciated before I started sourcing a front end for it. Cheers

Re:

As stated earlier its a 30.4. Ive got an Experience and I had a Cirrus a while back and I can confirm this. In fact.....I have a RF extra post...but thats another thread. The fork will most likely be RS as the earlier Cirrus came with the powerlite. I wouldnt hold your breath on the powerlite though. Those are pretty tough to find!

Re: Re:

Chickenball":u1qqqu3b said:
As stated earlier its a 30.4. Ive got an Experience and I had a Cirrus a while back and I can confirm this. In fact.....I have a RF extra post...but thats another thread. The fork will most likely be RS as the earlier Cirrus came with the powerlite. I wouldnt hold your breath on the powerlite though. Those are pretty tough to find!
He's lucvky then, he just found a pair, quite oddly, on a 1993 Stratos.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=305233

Back