PAUL - Racer U-Brake - Question

shutter

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So... I want to put a Paul racer U-brake on my bike. The center mount version are super common on eBay...

Here's my question...

Can I buy one of the center mount u brakes and simply unbolt the rear plate to use it on U brake bosses? Is it that simple??

hollister":2ywusjnl said:
Your question is answered on the Paul comp website

Thx, good call =)

Now... Here's me main question... Has anyone tried mounting a PAUL Racer Brake onto U-Brake bosses? The site says it will not work... Are they just covering themselves because it's hit or miss? I'm thinking if putting one on a 1990 Rocky Mountain blizzard instead of a U-Brake... Thx

Re:

If you try to mount one of these brakes let us know. I'm also curious if these excellent brakes could be made to work on old school U-mounts.

Re: Re:

Mr.Toad":2hre30p4 said:
If you try to mount one of these brakes let us know. I'm also curious if these excellent brakes could be made to work on old school U-mounts.

I was just lucky enough to find a pair of Brand new Racer brakes for $150 (front AND rear together new in boxes for $150 total)

I'll update you once I get them home... can't be that challenging... might need some work on the lathe but no biggie =)

It would be cool to use this brake in place of the ever-so-common black XT U-Brake :cool:

Back