Other hobbies you are/have been nerdy into...

Snowboarding for years till all my stuff was lost/nicked about 8 years ago, was away for a day during the winter there and have been to the indoor slope locally though.

Triathlon till recently, started running marathons and stuff always cycled for pleasure so a tri seemed logical. At this point last year I had just finished Ironman Austria and was training for a half marathon when I done my back in, fast forward to now 2 stone heavier and nowhere near as fit :cry: but planning a return next year :D

Capri's, owned 3 culminating in my Brooklands which I sold recently after letting it go to ruin :oops: had to grow up and it fell by the wayside.

Budget audiophile, lusted after the big stuff but only had the budget for the cheap stuff . Was dead chuffed at my micromega stage 3 player and my mission 733's, which my wife put her finger through the cone of recently :roll: Embarrassed to say it but mp3 has been the death knell for my hifi, all musics pretty much listened to on the computer or ipod. Still use my Grado's mind :D Oh and as the wife moved in the home cinema moved out to the spare room, still I now turbo to full 5.1 :twisted:

up until recently iwould be playing cod 4 on ps3.i got so fed up dying by randomly chucked grenade syndrome (jerky was that you) that i sold it and purchased bf bad company......luv it ....other than that im the proud owner of a gizmondo...dont larf .....its a great sat nav and console for quake games and doom plus hexen and heretic duke nukem...ebooks and sms sending.

gibbleking":bn6gtrvy said:
up until recently iwould be playing cod 4 on ps3.i got so fed up dying by randomly chucked grenade syndrome (jerky was that you) that i sold it and purchased bf bad company......luv it ....other than that im the proud owner of a gizmondo...dont larf .....its a great sat nav and console for quake games and doom plus hexen and heretic duke nukem...ebooks and sms sending.

Sorry Im a PC person, FPS games just need a mouse and keyboard to be played properly.

Gizmondo sounds cool though for pocket duke3d

got to go with you on that key board is much better...although not installing the game and drivers and waiting for the graphics card to cool down to play 5minutes of the game is the downside.plus i get to use the 42 in hd lg telly as a console..ps the giz plays doom really well including all the wads released later.

orange71":tm6vymrv said:
if I had the money I'd be an audiophile. I would love to spend big money on all sorts of separates and set up my own listening room... it'll never happen though. :roll:

I've got some nice stuff from the mid-nineties (Marantz/Denon/Tannoy etc) that currently get played nursery rhymes on them :roll:

that would be my father-in-law, can't move in his house without bumping into all sorts of audiophile. Valve amps, speakers, vinyl and reel-to-reel all over the place. Did source me a Marantz CD-63 Signature (the one with the sold copper base...if that makes sense) for nought, which I have matched to an Audiolab 8000A amp....pretty good sound for not much money.

johnkiteman":34m1husq said:
Power Kites - hence the name - not your triangles on bits of string mind :?

Been looking at getting one of them too. :D

Maybe I could pull the canoe with it!

neilll":16hkjv62 said:
stevet1":16hkjv62 said:
Sounds cool, especially representing your country but I have to ask - do you mean these people earn a living by playing games? Or by developing/testing games ?

A guy left here to work for EA (Electronic Arts), his first assignment was to move to Madrid and play PC games all day (testing)......strangely enough he is still there :LOL: :LOL:

freind of mine works for EA in Florida , he loves it .

Back