Other hobbies you are/have been nerdy into...

Had a big thing for Land Rovers for about 12 years, had 5 different ones, did a bit of offroading.

Caving
Climbing
Hillwalking
Drag Racing (watching, not competing...since I was 12)
Music/Gigs

Music. (DJ'd, ran club nights, did some Radio)

Its the most important thing to me after Family. Genuinely.

Forgot a few - Andy R has reminded me that I was pretty nerdy about guitars/valve amps/effects pedals etc. for a while (still have my black made in USA 1978 Fender Telecaster, a box full of pedals and a little Laney 15 watt valve amp). My talent never matched the standard of the guitar (which is the same age as me!) but my dad's a drummer and his buddy sold it to me silly cheap.

Also mildly in to a few different cars. Firstly Mini's - my first car was a 1979 mustard yellow jobbie with Revolution alloys, walnut dash etc. Then after a few in between I had a couple of Mk 2 Golf GTI's. First a 1987 8 valver and then a 1992 run out GTI 16v 3 door all standard - BBS alloys, rainbow interior etc. Loved that car but it didn't love me that much so I spent a fair few quid on it over the years and eventually sold it with about 170,000 miles on the clock.

if I had the money I'd be an audiophile. I would love to spend big money on all sorts of separates and set up my own listening room... it'll never happen though. :roll:

I've got some nice stuff from the mid-nineties (Marantz/Denon/Tannoy etc) that currently get played nursery rhymes on them :roll:

stevet1":3fjp3kp6 said:
I reckon I could take 'em on Doom.

Its where I started, modem to modem direct dial 1v1 doom, Most of my winnings came much later from the Battlefield series though.

Perhaps a little retro bike quake deathmatch needs organising :p

stevet1":29n1ukme said:
Sounds cool, especially representing your country but I have to ask - do you mean these people earn a living by playing games? Or by developing/testing games ?

A guy left here to work for EA (Electronic Arts), his first assignment was to move to Madrid and play PC games all day (testing)......strangely enough he is still there :LOL: :LOL:

Ive been to EA's UK HQ and I have to say it looks a fantastic place to work, on the banks of the river, when we entered we were taken to the restaurant where a chef cooked to our requirments, free food, they had peroni on tap (in the days before peroni was available everywhere). They had a arcade games room, a games library where you can book out virtually any game ever made. Really was impressive....just a shame that EA is so consistant in releasing product based on strict deadlines, whether they are finished and fit for market or not... theyve earned themselves a bit of a bad rep on that front.

Back