Merckx Corsa Extra **FINSIHED!**

agrove":1vgx5fdy said:
That is a very slick looking ride!! How old is the frame exactly, and is that the original paint?

The paint is original - similar design to the motorola one, the blue is darker though. It's quite tatty. I spent a lot of time touching it up and the flash light is very flattering.

The ride.....classic steel! I loved my old merckx and hope this will be the same. Once I've had chance to get some proper miles in over the weekend I'll let you know.

The deltas and mavic chainset are classics imho. I know it's slightly wrong to mix gruppos on road bikes but in this case I think it works ok

:D

Fantastic work on the Merckx and a quality mix of Mavic and Campag - I actaully think a mix on a roadbike can look really classy and a European mix on a European steel frame even more so, for me much better than just having a groupset and sticking it on. Then again a Super Record or DA EX (i.e. Record copy) groupset looks pretty good.

Much improved from when I had it and it looks better for less post showing.

Will be interested to hear how it rides.

Beautiful! Love the mix components btw, I use whatever is best for me is best for me sort of thing. Enjoy it, I would! ;)

well done John, looks great! Lot of NOS stuff.

Just in time for winter too...
Roads are crappy at the mo. Don't do it yet! Save it for a good day!! :D

gump":206ykvfv said:
well done John, looks great! Lot of NOS stuff.

Just in time for winter too...
Roads are crappy at the mo. Don't do it yet! Save it for a good day!! :D

Cheers Andy.

Bike rides great. Given it a couple of rides this week. Now the roads are a bit sh*tty I can imagine I'm some Belgian hero from the 70s powering my way round the Flandrian pave. Or something. Anyhow long ride tomorrow then I'll be putting it to 'bed' for the winter. What great timing to finally get it finished :?

Back