Superbe Pro - where is the love?

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Why is there no real love for Suntour Superbe Pro?

I always thought that BITD it was superior (to the admittedly pretty faithful Record copy rather than today's innovative ) Dura Ace and only just below Campag in terms of finish, looks and performance.

I've got some Superbe Pro calipers and they are really sweet.

Thoughts?

Love for it here in spadefuls. I've got a few sets of the hidden-spring brake calipers, three pairs of road cranks, road and track pedals, a few track sprockets, and a pair of the loveliest downtube levers ever made.

The track group fetches huge money on eBay. I've always lusted after one of those pale metallic blue Cannondale track bikes with the steel flat-crowned fork and full Superbe Pro group from the early nineties.

I think it's just a thing for those in the know and therefore you don't get lots of people bidding the prices up. Which is nice ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I always like their blocks and the fact that you could get something with close ratios at the high end and spaced a little wider at the other e.g.

13,14,15,16,18,21 which gave a bite more flexibility than a 13 straight.

Back