Really Dumb PC Q

you have a partitioned hard drive..sometimes the second hard drive has a hidden part for restoring the pc but most times its just a way of keeping something seperate ..like having vista and xp on the same computer.you have to creat a file/folder to put your stuff in .dont forget if you do drag and drop it may take a while to copy the stuff over.when youve done it delete the original(unless its photos in which case dont or your other half will clean your pc with your vitals).

Yeah, don't just try to move My Documents, does not quitre work that way. Set yourself up some new folders on the D Drive and then copy your files across, only deleting from the C drive when you are sure the copy worked.

Defo buy an external drive and back all this up though, they are cheap as chips.

Opps, that went pear-shaped.
I'll try again after a strong coffee.
Think I may well get an external hard drive...mainly for photos....any recommendations?
Again, thanks
Carl

Type of hard drive depends on what you are using it for - if it is a back-up device for what you are storing on your PC then it does not need to be too flash. If you are going to move all your photos off you PC and have a seperate photo drive, then you will need to get a decent one and get another to back that up!

TBH, most of them are decent quality, but being a PC numpty, I would go for something I recognised and probably buy from PC world rather than risk buying a cheapy.

if wireless router has additional free ports then look at a networked attached storage (NAS) drive can access the drive from any pc or laptop on home network then without unplugging and plugging in between computers

Harryburgundy":2j47xgpq said:
stew-b":2j47xgpq said:
how many local disks does it say you have and how big are they(right click and then properties).

Acer (C: ) 35.5GB Used 20.9
ACERDATA (D: ) 35.7GB Used 215MB

I'm guessing that is quite small?

Should I move say, My Documents to D.

Defraged recently and went through Programs and got rid of some unwanted/unused stuff.

Thanks for all the replies and help.

the used section is what is on the drive and if that is used and not available space remaining you shouldnt be getting the warning at all

Back