Storck Adrenaline project, new pics page 2

Klein inspiration and German Engineering, yes please, I'll have one. Visited the website today and downloaded some details, current downloads for Adrenalin pivots, unchanged since 2001 apparently and I bet very close to the 1997 original, look at this:

PivotDetail2.JPG

Axial bearings over the pivot ends to reduce stiction, needle bearing main,

And the quite bulky looking rockers above that in side view have been CNC relieved
fc89_3.JPG

The damper BTW lis an MCU spring with oil damper, rebound adjustable

One last hooray:
0db4_3.JPG

Now I'm going to have a glass of wine and contemplate what to do about the build, your thoughts are appreciated. :edit: first thoughts, silver stem, bar, post and cranks, red/black grips & saddle? I have a set of red ano and silver CR18 wheels that could work, plus some red QR's and bolts. I tried this on the Ti project but went all black and silver in the end.

My period fork is a Pace RC36 evo, but that would add gold, carbon black and titanium(ish) elements into the mix, maybe too much? The silver magnesium bridged Pace with the red decals would look the business here.

Enjoy !!

"Axialnadelkranz".....I love the way the German language works!!

I've not seen one of those before, I think Storck are relatively unheard of here in the UK, but it looks nice :cool:

wot about stadtbusmittehaltenstella ( i think thats how you spell it)forces brat spent many years in my favourite country...wish i could have stayed too.oh well.

yes them Germans do have a way with words,
But whatever you do ........ don't mention the war

Sorry couldn't resist. But as for "axialnadelkranz", this is my 6th Full sus frame by as many builders, and it is the first axial needlebearing locking up a pivot that I've seen. In my book that is a splendid engineered solution though.

The German MTB market has 2 dozen or so German made or German lead brands that don't seem to export all that much. The very pinnacle of them such as Storck and the likes of Nicolai (formerly with Horst Leitner's AMP in Laguna Seca IIRC), Rotwild, and also component guru's Tune and Rohloff would stand the best chance of making fame abroad.

Enjoy!!

So I've started the build in the "what I have in the shed" mode to see if it brings inspiration. This was my first throw, an all-star German, British, Canadian, American collaboration:

Storckcockpit1.JPG

Syncros headset, silver stem and Pro taper bars to match the nitrided stanchions of my RC-36:
StorcksilverR.JPG

Picked up some Paul's thumbies that would go well with the XTR mech. Alternative is a period correct 9.0SL with twisters, my preference back in 98. But I want to try the thumbies on a bike

The red CR18s work OK with the reds decals in the picture, though in the flesh the shades of red are quite distinctly different. I've toyed with the idea of a red zocchi Z2, but that would mean black rims. And I only have black seatposts in 31.6. I could go all silver or all black but for all black the cranks would have to go. Or I can go for a gold post, or a silver stanchion Pace or .....

What do you guys think?

Been fiddlin' the Storck today, tried the 9.0sl and a Race Face theme to the components with bars and cranks now RF too. Here it is at 90% complete:

Storck90_3s.JPG

Storck90_4S.JPG

Not quite there yet, but looks a decent ride already, silver and red ultimate levers would be just the thing but I'll have to settle for red grips ;)

Back