Really Dumb PC Q

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
:oops: Erm, this must be a really dumb PC question, but I keep getting a 'warning' that C on my hard drive is full and I need to create some space.
Thing is, my D drive is empty. Can/how I move stuff from one to the other to free up C?
You can tell PC's are not my thing :oops: :LOL:
Cheers, Carl

If your D drive is a hard drive, then you can move stuff no worries. Unusual for a PC newbie (me too) to have a PC with 2 hard drives though...

stew-b":1kg4ong3 said:
d drive is your cd/dvd player,you cannot move things to this.

Not if you have more than one hard drive:

If this is the case, yes you can move things across.

Thanks people
'My Computer' looks like Geoffs example.
I think I tried dragging stuff at one point, but it seemed to copy it to D rather than move it :?
Carl

ctrl and x together will cut.
ctrl and v together will paste. Be careful moving programs around, they may not like it. Remember, D is for data!

what you do is turn off system restore...then turn it back on...create restore point...this should free up some space..secondly remove all the crap you havent used in 6 months....defrag ya hd....and clean your registry of old unused and missing files.also give some thought to an external hd as back up and keep the main pc as clean as poss.hope this helps, :D

how many local disks does it say you have and how big are they(right click and then properties).

stew-b":y7qm4iw0 said:
how many local disks does it say you have and how big are they(right click and then properties).

Acer (C: ) 35.5GB Used 20.9
ACERDATA (D: ) 35.7GB Used 215MB

I'm guessing that is quite small?

Should I move say, My Documents to D.

Defraged recently and went through Programs and got rid of some unwanted/unused stuff.

Thanks for all the replies and help.

Back