The 50 worst cars of all time; and your top 3 favourite cars

Dr S":3hczr838 said:
Whats your dads name? I night know him!
Sir Anthony has some nice cars- the little yellow Chevron that they ran at Le Mans last week being my favourite- I need that car!

Guess who built the engine in the chevron! You are the first person i have spoke to who has heard of a chevron!

By the way apologies the JCB cars were not swb's but GTO's! Has also worked on the famous breadvan and a very nice aston .

Have you seen the minshaws (demon tweeks) T70 spyder?

Chevrons- oh yes. I look after chassis no 01, the first ever chassis built, Derek Bennets own car that was raced by Innes Ireland in period- lovely old thing it is although probably too valuable to race now.
Go on whats your dads name?

retro
1 Lamborghini Miura
2 Alfa Tipo 33/2
3 Maserati A6G zagato

since i made the rules,..i ask myself,..why only 3 :roll:

Modern
1 Alfa 8C (The spider in white please)
2 Maserati Quattro porte (mod 2009)
3 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

Retro Race
1 Lancia B20GT
2 Maserati Birdcage
3 Alfa TZ2

Pre WW2
1 Alfa 8c 2300 Monza
2 1931 Daimler Double-Six 50 Corsica Drophead Coupe
3 1938 Bugatti Type 57SC Corsica Roadster

I wish i had said the top 10,......dilema,....there are soooo many,..
Not even mentioned the Fiat Otto V, Siata, Cisitalia, The gorgeous Lancia Zagato's,.....

The car i would love to buy myself next,...Because i need the space, Kirsten is getting bigger, i think a Alfa 159 Sw 3.2 Ti Autodelta would be nice,.....

Defiant Sir, you have an absolutely impeccable taste in motor cars. I doff my cap to thee sir!

Dr S":2b818nbc said:
Chevrons- oh yes. I look after chassis no 01, the first ever chassis built, Derek Bennets own car that was raced by Innes Ireland in period- lovely old thing it is although probably too valuable to race now.
Go on whats your dads name?

Are you talking about the the B1 owned my vin malkie? The first B8 chassis no is 024 (you probably know that). Dad is Lester Owen, whats your name he probably knows you?

At opposite ends of the scale but both do it for me... In fact I can say that the early Countach is my favorite car to look at bar none- hate the later model with all the bloody spoilers etc tho.

The worst car I have ever owned is an early Seat Ibiza- the one with Porsche written on the engine (Porsche has never been the same since for me!) It cornered in much the same way as a toy car with fixed wheels does.

:shock:

Attachments

• landy.gif
    landy.gif
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,131
  • Lambo.jpg
    Lambo.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,131
A car that can be dropped from an airplane and survives should be good.

Fun to see how this topic evolves from a worst into a favourite car topic. As a kid I were really car addict. Already from baby. It all vanished a bit when bicycling took off for me. I were particularly interested in tall luxury cars ...or grand tourers. Have been to a track one time. Didn't like the amount of men, square meters of tarmac and noise :roll: Over the years my taste devolep slightly more towards track cars, but more as concept, not for their purpose.

Okay. Kind of shortlist. Any list on favourite cars should start with a Bugatti ;) In my case a T35, simply in blue.

gap

2nd spot for the Jensen FF. Tough car ideal for a guy my age. I love the fastback design. FF, not because of the 4wd, but because of the slightly longer nose.

3rd spot for the Frank Stella CSL (the one with the grid). I am not really a Bimmer fan, but the CSL is absolutely among the tastiest and it is great engineering. The Stella contribution makes it an ultimate 'piece of art'.

4th: Maser Birdcage. Great make with solely nice cars in their history. Birdcage: I can't think of a better name for a car with tubular chassis.

5th Any Bristol: Such Cool. Not really a polished diamant. If you believe that beauty is in imperfection: This is your car. Of course Mr. Crook will tell you a different story. Will not soon get bored of that car.

6th: Black Saab 900 T16S. An economical, pratical car among the others. Simply stylish. Great bike carriers.

7th spot for a very very deep gloss black 60s Lincoln or Imperial

Well, enough. Could go on and on, but than isn't a shortlist anymore. Oh, forgot the modern. Actually I do not really know. Cars is something from the past :LOL: Well, maybe a Audi Avantismo, but the never started making that thing. Or a C6 Familiale would be a good idea.

Daily:
But at least it is a V6, and to be honest if you only expect it to be a rapid rep mobile it is a good car, 30mpg and 170bhp is a okay combo.

Attachments

• PD - 006.jpg
    PD - 006.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,099
Weekend car:
'88 V12 5.3 H.E. No explanation needed, It does make me smile when I park the Pace next to it. :D :D :D

Attachments

• 5909XJ V12 HE 003.jpg
    5909XJ V12 HE 003.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,098
  • 5909XJ V12 HE 004.jpg
    5909XJ V12 HE 004.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,098
Back