HELP ! Which one do i keep ??

Ransetsu

Retro Guru
all you Fat experts out there - i have a dilemma ...... i now have 2 Fat frames - a Wicked which has been well used but comes with bottom bracket and a Buck Shaver which has probably seen less miles but has no bottom bracket ........ to be quite honest they are in almost identical condition ....... i have never ridden a Fat before ( being a Salsa man ) so don't know how the 2 compare ...... i will probably have to sell one of the frames on so i can afford the "bits" the other deserves ..... which one would the majority of you build up ?? OH and is it a bad thing to get it resparayed ?? I welcome your input ....

Ransetsu

how shot is the paint? if its really bad restoration is a good thing :)

I'd personally go for the buck as its basically a cheaper, slightly softer version of the Yo (but still stiff & racey compared to the wicked) The wicked is more relaxed in both feel & handling (& yeh I've ridden them all as comparisons). How do you want the bike to feel?

Hi mate, chuck up some pictures...

I've never ridden a Fat, would love to..heard they're both exceptional rides, but it's personal preference at the end of the day to coin a phrase....

Would go with the Wicked myself if it's not too battered... :D

The Buck is a decent bike, though my choice would be the Wicked. I prefer both the ride and looks of older style bikes. Also think a Wicked has a tad more class.

tad more class.

pah!
;)

Sell the Wicked to me, so I can compare to my buck. Easy. Looking for a new frame and it might just work..

I'd have the wicked stripped first to make sure no bb/seattube rust and then decide....

Back