Bikes that have broken

Broken Bikes

Three frames for me.

'92 Kona Kilauea that met its end in the back of a car.
'93 Kona Explosif that cracked on the bottom of the head tube to down tube wld and made it 2/3rds of the way round before I got home.
'96 Kona Explosif cracked at the driveside chainstay but I've had it fixed and (fingers crossed) its still going fine.

Fluff

broken bikes

My Bonty Ti cracked all around the weld on the driveside chainstay ... still pondering the possibility of getting it repaired :?

Re: broken bikes

tangent":1zq8w0wn said:
My Bonty Ti cracked all around the weld on the driveside chainstay ... still pondering the possibility of getting it repaired :?

What is there to ponder...get it done :D

Re: broken bikes

rutteger":3rhjndm1 said:
tangent":3rhjndm1 said:

What is there to ponder...get it done :D

...Or get the non broken and never / ever likely to break steel version resprayed ready for Spring :cool:

I cracked my 92 Diamond Back Apex around the seat tube/BB weld. Sadtimes I loved that bike.

I also cracked the drive side chainstay of my custom Colombus Foco mtb frame, it is built of damn thin walled tubing, the frame builder replaced the stays with some Reynolds 725 items. The frame lives on....

4 Yeti's. 3 headtubes and 1 seattube. I'm getting the two oldes arc repaired together with the arc as lt. I will not bother to fix the kokopelli.

Re:

Cracked the headtube on my '94 Kona Kula when bunny hopping a puddle. Had the headtube replaced but never trusted it again so sold it to some guy from Norway via an ad in the back of MBI/MKUK.

Re:

Not broken but I did fall off and put a dent the size of a 10p piece in the top tube of my month old Dyna Tech.
Rode it for 2 years after that.

Back