1994 FAT Chance Shock-a-Billy-update and spec change

Dr S":sb0i77ph said:
cchris2lou":sb0i77ph said:
looking good , but I thought you were selling it .

I was looking to thin down the collection as I have spent far too much lately but then I remembered about a car I had stashed away that I don't use and sold that instead.
S

How do you forget about a car you have got? They are not exactly small! :D

It takes the prospect of selling a bike to remember the old DB5 one has stashed away in one's hangar...

Hanger yes. DB5 sadly not:(
Space in the barn is a dangerous thing for me and my wallet. Mmmm Lotus Eleven sized space?
S

BoyBurning":3hxgf2bz said:
It takes the prospect of selling a bike to remember the old DB5 one has stashed away in one's hangar...

Totally off topic, but a friend of mine was stopped recently in his Metro by the police, who promptly took the p*ss out of his Aston Martin mobile phone, until he explained that i was a gift from AM for being a loyal customer, he currently has 2!

Just had it out for a blast around the fields- it rocks!
Just a brief run but first impressions are off a Yo with a super soft rear. It doesn't have much travel but takes the edge off the bumps well. There is very little sway on the back and virtually no pedal bob. It needs more air in the shock as its sitting low with lardy old me on it.
I need to work on the fork as its a little stiff over little bumps and roots and I think I need to change the cassette as the chain is slipping a little under load.
S

Does anyone else run AMP forks? Is there much adjustment in them without losing ride height?
S

Pickle":9loqh8in said:
Dr S":9loqh8in said:
Does anyone else run AMP forks?

Ed (orange71) has some and was running them on his DBR Axis. Drop him a PM, I'm sure he'll help you ;)

I think the forks in question are the very ones i hold in my grubby mits right now! I'll give him a shout.
Cheers

Finished at last and ready for its first run out. A few modern parts have crept into the build but its a rider and has to function. I think its retro in spirit- what do you guys think?

finishedsab4.jpg

SPEC LIST
Frame: FAT CHANCE Shock-a-Billy, S/M 1995, Risse Racing shock and AMP seatstay brace

Fork: AMP Research F3 disc only

Headset: Chris King
Stem: Answer A.TAC
Handlebar: Syncros Riser
Grips: Yeti Speedgrips
Barends: None

Front Brakes:Rock Shox/ AMP Research Disc brake with 165mm Hope rotor, Ti bolts
Brake Pads: Rock Shox Carbon Metalic
Rear Brakes: Grafton Rim Crusher
Brake Cables:Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: Onza Chill Pill in black
Brake Levers: M900 XTR