Rock Shox Judy XC Elastomers

Westfailure

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
As the subject line says really. I need new elastomers for Rock Shox Judy XC 1995.

If you have some or know a good source then please shout.

Thanks

Mark.

Getting harder to source these now..

In my humble, you're better off upgrading to spring internals (see the judy link in my signature) - search Kronos springs on eBay, they're pretty cheap and one if the best possible things you can do to your Judy's :D

GT-Steve":3qcrk6l6 said:
Getting harder to source these now..

In my humble, you're better off upgrading to spring internals (see the judy link in my signature) - search Kronos springs on eBay, they're pretty cheap and one if the best possible things you can do to your Judy's :D

Went for the Kronos option in the end. Works very nice. Thanks for the thread and advice Steve.

Mark.

Re:

thought I would hit up this thread vs making a new one.......

trying to recondition a ebay set of judys, so I bought some of the kronos springs and when I am taking them apart, they already have a red spring in one leg/blue spring in the other leg. problem is the preload adjusters have two different lengths of an elastomer[ one side apprx 27mm, the other 16mm] [ I guess to compensate for the different rate springs?]
I plan one using my new kronos springs, however I am sure I will need at least two equal length elastomers for the preload adjusters or do I just run the springs with nothing else in there?

still trying to get the lower legs off, I have tapped on the loosened lower screws, but no joy, I am trying a little soak of PB Blaster, then will try again to pop them off

thanks

doug

Re:

It's tapping you are doing wrong, give than a welly.
The kronos should fit straight in there, the short part of the elastomer is/may be needed with some spring to add additional length for slightly short spring, some like wings where designed like that. It should be a hard plastic though but some people who nodded older ones would use bits of elastomer as it was handy, not good as you still have the elastomer crumbling, shrinking and trying to be a spring problem.

Re:

thanks FC, yea I dug out the kronos springs and they are a bit longer than the ones that came out so I should be good just running the preload adjusters with the plastic end and no elastomer.
I will give them a real stiff crack this AM after I have had some coffee.

thanks

doug

Latest posts

Back