1988 Overbury's Pioneer

Re: 1988 (?) Overbury's Pioneer

Lovely frame details and brazing.....

Hope you can sort out those threads......deserves to be ridden :)

Progressing at a snails pace with this one but I do have some replacement decals....

dbef.jpg

Who did your decals ? Do you know the font ?
I want my logos sprayed on, the printshop said they can create a mask if they know the font.
Are you going for a traditional fade or something different ?

Bryncrug72":1svzahw9 said:
Who did your decals ? Do you know the font ?
I want my logos sprayed on, the printshop said they can create a mask if they know the font.
Are you going for a traditional fade or something different ?

I don't know the font but I can give you the details of who did the decals. I was originally going to get my decals sprayed on but have decided on the more original (and cheaper!) option of applying them on top of the lacquer once painted.

I've taken out the old 1" headset, it runs smooth and is fairly clean but could do with sprucing up, yours if you want it, just pay the postage.

Thanks, you're a gent :D

Will PM you

Re:

I had chatted at great length with Martin about this one and since his passing I had put it to the back of my mind. However his passion for his own Pioneer has kick started me again on this one.

A big change since my last post - the frame has shrunk and changed colour! I snapped this one up courtesy of Rich34 and sold on it's bigger brother to another forum member who I unload all my unwanted, fillet brazed British frames onto :D

The paint is, I believe, original and despite being well used and a little rough around the edges I think I'll keep it that way. It will however get some new decals. I already have two sets (white and black) and haven't yet decided whether I will use one of these or go for another colour. Build plans otherwise pretty much as before - MT60 for the most part.

Re:

Mate, that is lovely. How do I miss these things when they come up...

Decal wise, I like the hit of colour and dark grey and yellow is always nice. If you could subtly tie it into a couple of little components then it could work.

Alternatively could you go silver decals to compliment the nice shinny MT60 parts?

Back