1993 Brodie ClimbMax - w/ Gators... Updated PICS

Re: 1993 Brodie ClimbMax - w/ Gators... ooooooh Yeeeaaaa!

jimi911":3lbtwven said:
It's gonna look great! If I coulda got my mits on a set of gators my expresso build would have been a clone ... Sans revolutions :(

I have another set of gators... If I decide to let them go I'll let you know

What's the difference between our frames anyways? aside from the 1" headtube they look identical... is the climbmax a higher model? or was the name difference based on the groupo sold with it?

Let me know ... at this point I have accepted the Rockshoxs :) I have my gator fix with the other Brodie

According to Paul, my expresso and one other bike is the link between my climbMax and the eXpresso. Exactly the same as the climbmax in every way less the larger head tube, larger downtube, and no "square" section on the seat tube just above the BB. The dropouts, routing, tubing, etc. are all different from the first eXpressos on mine. Paul has it marked as BHDT #1 in his records, not as a Climbmax or eXpresso. Though it was obviously sold as an eXpresso. Call it the last Climbmax, the first Expresso, or BHDT ... I'll decal it eXpresso.

jimi911":134qfl2r said:
Let me know ... at this point I have accepted the Rockshoxs :) I have my gator fix with the other Brodie

According to Paul, my expresso and one other bike is the link between my climbMax and the eXpresso. Exactly the same as the climbmax in every way less the larger head tube, larger downtube, and no "square" section on the seat tube just above the BB. The dropouts, routing, tubing, etc. are all different from the first eXpressos on mine. Paul has it marked as BHDT #1 in his records, not as a Climbmax or eXpresso. Though it was obviously sold as an eXpresso. Call it the last Climbmax, the first Expresso, or BHDT ... I'll decal it eXpresso.

Nice! Whats the headtude height on your expresso... i'll measure my steer tube... not that i'm selling now, BUT it would be good to know =)

Some updates... headset fitted and fork installed... Still need to braze in a hanger onto the stem... in good time...

Decided to use the CR brakes off the KONA Hei Hei on here instead... suits the frame nicely... =)

Not much progress but took it outside for some pics... =)

Back