92 Explosif

njgoldby

Retro Guru
I was going to put together a rigid steel frame for my commute. I used to love my old 93 Lava Dome, so this 92 Explosif is the result.
Granted I have mixed period parts with new, but the result is great and I can't stay off it. So before it gets covered in muck from the wet roads.

Attachments

• All front.jpg
    All front.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,866
  • Chainset.jpg
    Chainset.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,866
  • High side.jpg
    High side.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,865
  • Top all.jpg
    Top all.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,865
Tyres are Schwabe city jet with a Gumwall. I have to say they roll beautifully but I am comparing them to my 2.3" tyres on my weekend bike. They are pretty light and have puncture protection too.

Its a new Sugino XD 600 which is still available in the states. The XD600 is the version with alloy rings and is lovely and light.

Really nice looking bike. With 1.8's that would make a seriously quick XC machine.

Just not sure about the splach of purple on the rear mech.....but thats just IMO ;)

Ha, funny you should say that Pickle, I don't like it either. But having struggled with the spring when fitting they are going to have to stay for a week or so.
Is there a way of retaining the spring when you remove the pivot bolt? They are very, very hard to get back on.

Back