And now for something totally different

Rob H

Retro Guru
My latest toy, not going to say much about it other than it was hand made for me by a little bike frame builder in Frome, you'll either get it and appreciate it for what it is or not understand it.

Re:

Nice. The two lads of BTR have good reputation for building some fine frames and have good feedback in the MTB press. Love the gusset braces!

Re:

i have absolutely no use for these style of bikes . . . but . . . i like them. i also like the look of their new design the "pinner"

:cool:

Re: Re:

Buzzsaw":3vbskv98 said:
The two lads of BTR have good reputation for building some fine frames and have good feedback in the MTB press.

Their workmanship and customer service are first class.

Re: Re:

jonnyboy666":2sojc9m5 said:
i have absolutely no use for these style of bikes . . . but . . . i like them. i also like the look of their new design the "pinner"

:cool:

It's not a bike for the masses but wow is it fun.

I quite like the Pinner as well and will definitely consider one if I ever need to replace my Five.

I do get it and I don't get it.

The bit I don't get is why you wouldn't have gone with dropper post comparability. Sure you can get 27.2 posts but everyone knows that the best come in 30.9 or larger ;-)

I would guess becuase its going to be winched up to the top, then pause for a breath, drop the seat using the QR and hammer all the way down. Dropper posts only useful when you're doing a lot of undulating stuff.
Bikes looking very nice. I need some of those straitline pedals I think.

Re:

I went for a 27.2mm seat post as that's what all my other bikes have and I had a couple spare in ny parts box. As Steve says there's not much benefit to be gained from a dropper on a bike that is predominantly pushed or trailer up hill.

looks awesome!

loving the blue black and gold colour theme going on there!

looking forward to seeing it with a front wheel! :)

Back