DSC01639.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,159
  • DSC01642.jpg
    DSC01642.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,159
  • DSC01643.jpg
    DSC01643.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,159
That's looking fecking sweet! :cool: ... and very red. You should definitely enter in this months BoTM.

My only critique or suggestion would be to try a silver (Syncros Ti?) seatpost. I think the black looks a bit "heavy" up top.

classen":2rn8hus7 said:
That's looking fecking sweet! :cool: ... and very red. You should definitely enter in this months BoTM.

My only critique or suggestion would be to try a silver (Syncros Ti?) seatpost. I think the black looks a bit "heavy" up top.

yeah i agree on a silver seatpost. but the seatpost is a very ODD and hard to come by 30.4mm size. I tried a 30.2mm RaceFace XY at one point and I really liked the look of it on the build. but because it was a tad too small, it took more force to tighten than I would have felt comfortable with. and the alum RM frames of that generation (Cirrus, Experience and Nimbus) are known to be prone to cracking at the seat clamp area. :(

RockiMtn":289sk95k said:
classen":289sk95k said:

yeah i agree on a silver seatpost. but the seatpost is a very ODD and hard to come by 30.4mm size. I tried a 30.2mm RaceFace XY at one point and I really liked the look of it on the build. but because it was a tad too small, it took more force to tighten than I would have felt comfortable with. and the alum RM frames of that generation (Cirrus, Experience and Nimbus) are known to be prone to cracking at the seat clamp area. :(

Tell me about it.....that bloody 30.4 Syncros is my "Eleanor"! Can't find one for the life of me!! I could shim it up....but thats just not right! Oh....and the fork is an absolute PIA as well! Can't find a Tange Big Fork with 200mm steerer tube! Looking good Rocki!

Chickenball":30bmkxiv said:
Tell me about it.....that bloody 30.4 Syncros is my "Eleanor"! Can't find one for the life of me!! I could shim it up....but thats just not right! Oh....and the fork is an absolute PIA as well! Can't find a Tange Big Fork with 200mm steerer tube! Looking good Rocki!

I have a couple of Tange forks off some RMs, one off the Experience and another off an Equipe. I think the Experience is a Big Fork. I'll have a look at the steerer length and get back to you tonite. ;) But not sure if it'll have the length you need. :(

I know this is a old thread but what a beautiful build. Thought maybe some of the newer guys like myself should check it out.

yeti_bomb":2sj8t3m2 said:
I know this is a old thread but what a beautiful build. Thought maybe some of the newer guys like myself should check it out.
:D thx! there's a few more of my builds kicking around in this forum if you're up to doing some digging. ;)

Latest posts

Back