Dwain Chambers

He knew the consequences of his actions if he were to get caught. He got caught. He was given a lifetime ban. He should suck it up and live with what he's done and stop whining. In a year no-one will give a stuff anyway.

He knew the consequences of his actions if he were to get caught. He got caught. He was given a lifetime ban. He should suck it up and live with what he's done and stop whining. In a year no-one will give a stuff anyway.

What he said, spot on.

Hi.

I worked on the railway for a few years and we had random drugs tests.
They were for all workers not just drivers, shunters etc...
If you were caught with drugs in your system you were sacked immediately!
I did take drugs in my yoof, but as soon as i knew my livelyhood was at risk i stopped.

Chambers is a drugs cheat, and as an athlete would fly all over the globe being paid to represent us all.

I don't want that. I think he should piss off and get a proper job the druggy cheat :shock:

And relax! :D

Cheers,Al

he's shot himself in the foot by going to court as he lost what goodwill was remaining among his fellow athletes by potentially denying younger ones the chance to go to the olympics plus also now no track meets will touch him with a bargepole i.e. the golden league events etc. He might have managed to resurrect something by just accepting his ban and getting on with stuff - at least he could have earned a crust at international meetings. Personally I wouldn't let him run anyway even at those.

I'm just fed up with drugs in the sports I love. I can't watch the Tour. I'm struggling with athletics. And these are two sports that test more than most others - god knows what's going on elsewhere...

orange71":2h50iwz4 said:
I'm just fed up with drugs in the sports I love. I can't watch the Tour. I'm struggling with athletics. And these are two sports that test more than most others - god knows what's going on elsewhere...

me too, the Landis debacle was the start of the end for me and as soon as I started watching again it kicked off again with rassmuesen and vino. I couldn't care less either way as long as there was a winner at the end, I'm under no illusions as to how previous tours were won.

I am genuinely suprised to see so many comments in support of what is a CHEAT. He has cheated himself, his rivals, his team mates in the relay, his fans and the public :evil: He did not make a 'mistake' he comitted fraud! And he did not ever win anything!

What the BOA has done is fantastic and should be adopted throughout the world as a standard, unfortunately that will never happen as some place success over morals. The TDF riders now been caught should also be banned for life and good riddance to them, perhaps the other cheats will then realise how stupid they really are.

Regarding the dopers in pro-cycling a beautiful sport is in danger because of these fools! :evil: And some on here want to let them back in?

There should be two Tours and two olympics - a clean one and one where you can use whatever drugs you want without penalty. I know which one I would watch on Eurosport :D

IMO, the way to look at it is through the eyes of the clean athlete that would have to stay at home if chambers was allowed to compete. I have heard people say that he should be allowed into the team as long as he uses his experience to deter young atheles from taking drugs. What lesson is that! Take drugs, win, get caught, dont compete for a while, say sorry then compete again??
He is allowed to compete at many meetings (ie, to earn a living). The olympics is about fair competition. He doesn't play fair :evil:

Latest posts

Back