Retro Hardcore/Skatecore Punk

messiah":2krza3gy said:
BITD I mostly enjoyed - Jesus and Mary Chain (early stuff), Loop, Spacemen3, GayBikers, Leatherface, Fugazi NoMeansNo, Hawkwind, Pixies, Mudhoney, Sonic Youth, Pitchshifter, some of a very long list.

Now you're talking (although not really punk). Was a major Loop, S3 and Hawkwind fan, saw Mudhoney many times.....the first time they were top of the bill, then a band called Tad and at the bottom of the bill was some band called Nirvana ;) .

Didn't rate Nirvana as much as Mudhoney...they never got close to them.....we're drifting away from punk into that whole 1988 thing....the 'G' word.....

It was all done in house by the company I was working for: Ents.tv

T'was shot in a couple of venues, and due to the requirements of video we did the lighting and then effects were added at the editing stage.

neilll":q6u36sc6 said:
Didn't rate Nirvana as much as Mudhoney...they never got close to them.....we're drifting away from punk into that whole 1988 thing....the 'G' word.....

With you on that one. I didn't think Nirvana touched Mudhoney, especially live.

I saw MH do a cracking set at Redding in '90 That was a stonking year:

Mud Honey
The Pixies
The Fall
Inspiral Carpets
Faith no More
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds.

cherrybomb":3paph7u2 said:
I saw MH do a cracking set at Redding in '90 That was a stonking year:

We've probably walked past each other in many a dingy, throbbing, stinking London venue then ;)

Never being your average kinda guy.....my Stag Night was a trip to see Mudhoney and some ferocious alcohol (and other) abuse..... :LOL:

Not long after that I divorced her :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

neilll":2xqcrqjp said:
We've probably walked past each other in many a dingy, throbbing, stinking London venue then ;)

You're more likely to have stepped over me, but I did seriously do the circuit in the late 80's early 90's

Seriously did some other sh!t too, but that's another story for another time. :D ;)

Nice to see No Means No mentioned. Seen them several times in Ottawa. Also still listen to them, and like most uf us still have it all on vinyl, which means I get to see and play them next week when I'm in Vancouver :D

neilll":3ac102fz said:
small little world we live in eh? :cool:

You're not wrong.

It'd be cool to exchange war stories over a pint or two. I could recount the time I slept through a Pixies gig in London. That was one hell of a weekend. :D

cherrybomb":2p4u3uw9 said:
I could recount the time I slept through a Pixies gig in London. That was one hell of a weekend. :D

That brings back memories :LOL: Hey...I gotta go home dude (still at work)....catch you later ;)

Back