Zaskar 1991 - period correct!

novekili

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Here's my Zaskar 1991. I have recently bought it on ebay, and after accurate examination, I've found that it is 90% period correct and almost unused. The der. pulleys are like new, hard anno rims are barely scratched and the down tube doesn't have any signs of dents or even light chips. The only sign of time is the dull colour the ball burnished frame has adeveloped after 17 years. I substituted the slick modern tires with vintage amberwall Tioga hound dawg 1.5 and bloodhound 1.25 (this bike is supposed to be a commuter - at least it's how I justified the purchase with my missus), and the saddle with a Selle Italia Turbomatic.
There was a very strange saddle by Giro, a nisene with arabesques impressed on the cover. Nice but unsuitable. Last, I mounted a pair of original SPDs with an aftermarket lightweight axle.
Notice also the nice short cage XT rear derailleur...

Attachments

• forum1.jpg
    forum1.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 1,448
  • forum2.jpg
    forum2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,448
  • forum3.jpg
    forum3.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 1,448
This wasn't expensive... 200 euros

Selling the saddle? well I have to ask a friend of mine who's interested, Inpositive case I'll PM you

What? Scott Mathausers? Are they so much sought after? Didn't know that.

The dark side? I know that I really would get quite a lot of money splitting the bike, in fact i was really surprised myself , cleaning the bike (taking tons of muck off it, that is), to find out that everything was in such a good state...

But a 1991 bike in this state with almost new components is too much for a romantic pathetic guy like me to destroy it for mere money... No way. I won't even upgrade it.

Latest posts

Back