Dwain Chambers

He's been clean and in training for ages, it'd be out of his system by now..

kingroon":3r0o30lq said:
He's been clean and in training for ages, it'd be out of his system by now..

I agree. I think this is harsh. He did cheat. He was caught. He has been punished and that should be that. If you're caught speeding in your car once, generally you don't get a life ban.
This is OTT.

There is mounting evidence that even though drugs are out of the athlete's system, it still leaves a positive benefit in terms of muscle mass and recuparative abilities even years later...

orange71":2xrt13b1 said:
There is mounting evidence that even though srugs are out of the athletes system, it still leaves a positive benefit in terms of muscle mass and recuparative abilities even years later...

Are these things easy to get hold of?

:LOL:

I think he should be banned for life as should any athlete. They know the risks. They always talk of it once they've been caught as a 'mistake' almost implying it was accidental. It's deliberate. They know the risks. The reason why people still get caught is because it's obviously still worth the risk - i.e. the current penalty for being found out isn't disincentive enough. Don't do drugs and it won't be an issue.

Rant over.

It needs to be put into perspective; It's hardly worth persecuting him for life, for an error in judgement..

Well if I was one of the guys he beat. I'd be f**king pissed :evil: Otherwise I'm not fussed. Cheating is cheating. Taking drugs does more harm to the taker later in life.

Back