Retro Hardcore/Skatecore Punk

Ok....now we are out of trouble and can ramble on forever :D

Was lucky enough to be at the last official Culture Shock gig....well both of them :LOL: :LOL: The first one involved the Fulham Greyhound getting trashed and the band not playing, then they re-scheduled and played somewhere bigger and less prone to getting destroyed (didn't stop a few windows going thru though :LOL: ) Still got all the albums plus a Culture Shock T-shirt :)

I can't remember the last punk show I saw. I do remember getting to meet G.B.H. in Ottawa after a show. We made Gatorade and Colin signed my leather jacket. A bit of hero worship back then. I also remember seeing Scream and being blown away by the drummer...the guy just wouldn't stop, even between songs. It was about ten years later when I was looking at the album cover that I realized it was Dave Grohl from Nirvana/Foo Fighters. I was pretty shocked to find that out. He was a monster on the drums...I guess he still is.

Other Punk stuff I like (and still listen to).

Chelsea, Citizen Fish, Clash, Conflict, Crass, Culture Shock, Dead Boys, Discharge, King Prawn, Only Ones, , Plasmatics, ,Richard Hell & The Voidoids, Subhumans, The Modern Lovers, Agent Orange, Circle Jerks, Billy Talent...

Thats better! Can talk more bolliarx in here.

I am lucky enough to still have all my punk vinyl. Everything Dick ever did, i think?

just finished reading a good book that is an in depth look at anarcho punk british bands 1980-84.It's by Ian Glasper called The day the country died published by Cherry red books. Its the second in a trilogy, i dont know if the third has been published yet?
well worth a look if only as a reference and to look up some of those smaller bands that you may like to hear more of.
Also in the Appendix and Appendices there are loads of info on record codes and also web sites of various bands etc.

Cheers,Al

Plasmatics! just been playing Butcher baby this morning. Thats weird cos i havent heared it for about ten years!

Dont forget uk subs, flux of pink indians,Amebix,Oi polloi,Anthrax and who could forget the weidest grindcore/punk/hardcore strangness but oh so fantastic when you have them on headphones the mighty but nutty.....Rudimentry Peni!

Al.

Back