Tell us about yourself and what do you look like.......

Name, Steve, age 37.

Been working with bikes for the last 10 years, into MTB on and off since early 90's. Owned more bikes n parts than I remember, earned the nickname 'Parts' at work due to this.

Used to have my own workshop at home which had more high end kit in it than the shop I worked in (just about), but this room had other uses in store.

All my disposable income used to go to bike's, music, Hi-Fi n drink, back in the old days I had no mortgage, or car and shared rent with my girlfriend, five years ago I gave up cycling sold all my bikes, most bike parts, spares and such, due to having kids.
Now I am getting back into it all.

This is a pic of me, this was probably one of the last times I did any proper off road, things had been slowing down before this too a little. Relationships eh, women are like bikes, they like a lot of attention....

Picture918-1.jpg

Hi Paul,

Bad Brains, great band. I was and still am into british and American hardcore/punk.

If i ever find a picture of me and my Mohawk or even my dreads i will be sure not to inflinct it on you! ;)

Cheers,Al

Yeah,Circle jerks were a great band.

DK, Black flag,Butthole surfers etc some real good stuff from the yanks over the years.

Will never beat the likes of Discharge,Subhumans,Crass....

Al.

I still listen to it too. ;) Let's not forget Black Flag for the L.A. bands, and Beefeater and Scream for the D.C. scene. Agent Orange was a great band, and I still find myself humming Circle Jerks version of Put a Little Love in your Heart (off Wild in the Streets?). He he, those were the good old days. Put up the pic with your mohawk...here's mine in 1988 :D

Attachments

• Copy of punkpaul.JPG
    Copy of punkpaul.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,083
al":22hi6uyp said:

DK, Black flag,Butthole surfers etc some real good stuff from the yanks over the years.

Al.

Did you know the Butthole Surfers have re-formed and are playing at the Kentish Town Forum (used to be the Town & Country Club) on July 26th?

Subhumans were ace...Dick Smith then went one better with Culture Shock.......Oooops we're straying off topic :oops: :oops:

Think this topic needs moving?

before it does don't forget Dicks other band citizen fish! Yes he is a lgend.

ps Dick Lucas!!

Al.

al":1yhzgx66 said:

Al.

I still love DK. One of the best punk bands ever if you ask me. But in the late 80's I was a Discharge freak. My top two were them and G.B.H. Great bands on both sides of the pond, but I always leaned a little more toward the British punk/hardcore over the American and Canadian. But there was always room for all the American bands mentioned, plus Minor Threat, Agnostic Front, Descendents, 7 Seconds and so on.

How about X-ray Specs, the Damned, the Addicts, the Adverts and Vice Squad?

al":23box2nf said:
Think this topic needs moving?

before it does don't forget Dicks other band citizen fish! Yes he is a lgend.

ps Dick Lucas!!

Al.

Dick is a legend. Still have a copy of World's Apart! Brilliant album.

Yes, this should now be the who's your favourite punk band instead of who are you....oops! Everywhere I go I make trouble. :twisted:

Back