1986 Falcon K2 - Timewarp

That's superb GM!

I do like the Sakae mts stems, I found a cheap NOS one , minus bolts (and bars), on EBAY that needs a home. Will probably stick it on the '88 Tufftrax awaiting a build up.

Re:

Well well well,

Its had its 1st ride now and surpassed well, Was ridden at the FOD National yesterday. Was in interesting ride but it survived and took all that could be thrown at it without even a squeal from the brakes, I loved riding the K2 especially through the technical stuff and downhills, the Up hills not so enjoyable but never the less the 28yr old design still works well :LOL:

Before....

After....

Props dude that is so so cool
but I still think there's room enough for more yellow on there to really make it hot
old school bmx pimping is the way forward

Re: Re:

Gravy Monster":1qcps4b5 said:
Pics of the old Beast in action ......... and the Falcon !

No way to talk about Rupew!

Seen this in the flesh, without an inner tube wrapped in amongst the front wheel and hub, it's a stonker.

Re:

That's a fantastic condition find. My K2 is an earlier model by a couple of years and it's interesting to note the few differences. These, at a quick look, are that my '85 machine has Suntour rear mech as well as f/mech. The stem is more or less the same design but less 'angular'. I much prefer the mech cable routing on yours; mine has the naked cables running under the downtube to a braze-on under the bottom bracket - just the place to catch all the available crud on your ride :roll: . Mine has a neat braze-on on the seatstays: an elegant design which serves both as cable hanger and rack eyes. Handsome machine with good frame clearance since, as I recall, the original supplied rubber was 2.125.

I'm glad the red Rockhopper in my LBS (which was what initially caught my eye) was sold and I settled for this machine in its more subtle light bronze metallic.

Will post some pics presently.

Re:

How cool, I'd be interested in seeing this one , I must confess that mine is still hanging up in the garage with a flat tyre from Mayhem last year which was almost 1 year ago , I will need a new tyre probably a pair, will have to dig the heavy old girl out for a blast soon :LOL:

Back