17" RekTek Titanium

Splendid build! Love the fork! No love for camelbaks? That beautiful frame screams "ditch these cages". Congrats on a most excellent and period correct build!

Re:

Retro_Roy:

Let's see some pics of the RekTek!! I can only remember the ones from the Craigslist ad, change anything? Enjoy the ride!!!

Mr. Toad:

Unfortunately, no, I haven't seen the Ogopogo yet, just the occasionally beached whale!! I will keep looking though.

Smithjss70:

I do have a Camelbak but not a big fan of it, get's too damn hot with it on your back and they are a pain to clean. I should probably get used to wearing one so I can pack a spare tube, levers, CO2 cartridges and munchies, just in case I get a flat?!?! Knock on wood!!

Re:

Still one of my favourite builds on here . And to think , I'm a steel fan too :oops: :facepalm:

Mike

stunning! i'd love to own one exactly as you've built it! :cool:

again, i'll voice my earlier opinion… ditch the cages ;)

Re:

Does anyone know what the value of a frame like this is? I am very much a 95/96 kona fan but I was able to obtain an 18" Ti Rektek. I might pull apart my Kilauea to try riding this thing. My friend keeps asking me to sell it but I am not sure what to ask for it.

Sorry, I have been a long time lurker and finally made an account. I can post a pic or two in exchange for an answer :p

Re: Re:

jlau":lqu1ptip said:
Does anyone know what the value of a frame like this is? I am very much a 95/96 kona fan but I was able to obtain an 18" Ti Rektek. I might pull apart my Kilauea to try riding this thing. My friend keeps asking me to sell it but I am not sure what to ask for it.

Sorry, I have been a long time lurker and finally made an account. I can post a pic or two in exchange for an answer :p
hi
and welcome from coquitlam. if you've been a long time lurker then you must know there
is a thread for what's my xyz worth. :)

viewforum.php?f=78

also instead of hijacking this thread maybe start your own for your rek tek
and tell us all about it with the before mentioned pictures. we'd love
to see it.
cheers
roy

Re:

Made a few changes to the RekTek over the winter and have been riding it a lot this spring!!

Swapped the Titec Titanium stem and handlebar for a RaceFace Ti-Beam stem and Syncros Pro Series Titanium handlebar. Also, found some clear grips to show the Syncros decals. Just wish the Syncros seatpost had the same finish as the frame, stem and handlebar. Now it is a true Canadian Titanium bike!!!

I also have a set of Ringle cages in pewter (Ti Colour) that I have been thinking of putting on but not sure if it would look right???

Attachments

• IMG_2637 Resize.jpg
    IMG_2637 Resize.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_2636 Resize.jpg
    IMG_2636 Resize.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_2635 Resize.jpg
    IMG_2635 Resize.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 487
still one of my fav bike's on here. even better with the additional CAD content. my vote is still to loose the cages. ;)

Re:

Improvements...................not changes. :cool:

There was a ti Rek Tek on our local craigslist this past week.
Don't know who snagged it yet. Didn't last long.

Back