fit mavic atb 316 headset to 95 kona

cyclerelic

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
hello again i need more info please i have a kona 1995 cinder cone i want to replace the orig impact headset will a mavic atb 316 headset 1 1/8 fit my bike with no problems off with the old on with the new i allso want to keep the orig stem would this fit into the mavic 316 cheers :LOL:

Only problem could be the stack height as Impacts were very low height headsets where as Mavics were amongst the tallest. Measure the stack height of each (ie the height of the cups without the height of the section that goes into the headube) and see how similar they are, a few mm here or there is fine but if it's loads then your forks may not have enough threads to take the new one.

Carsten, I have never seen so much written on headsets. How do you find this stuff!!

Re: mavic headset

cyclerelic":2rn7127h said:
thanks all what other headssets do think i could fit on with no probs xt ? other cheers
you need to tell us what head set is mounted now, ideally it's stack height and if there are spacers. or the head tube length, the steerer tube length and the length of the threaded portion of the steerer tube.

carsten

Back