1988 Rocky Mountain Avalanche... ooooooh Yea!

shutter

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Sooo.... Finally decided to move on this project....

Long story short, last year I traded some parts with RockiMtn and ended up with a smaller 1988 Avalanche.... but... a couple weeks ago I came across this 1988 Avalanche... exact same but bigger! Perfect!..

YES! that is a 1" syncros noodle stem... super rare... :D

Still needs some touch up paint ect...

As you can see it will have a full 6 speed Deore XT group, some parts are NOS, not all though... Wheels are original Wheeltech built, new Smoke / Dart tires, ect...

anyways... more build pics coming soon... for now enjoy :D

stumper":3pd1r3ju said:
How much would you want for the syncros stem?

Stem is not for sale... Took me way too long to find it and just don't have time to wait for another one to show up... BUT I do have a non-noodle 1" version... If you are interested send me a PM so we don't flood the build thread with buy/sell dealings =)

stumper":2tem6o82 said:
How much would you want for the syncros stem?
you need to get to shutter BEFORE he puts a part onto a bike if you want any chance on that part. ;)

looks like you need a matching inner and outer blackspire chainring on the crankset of yours? :?
shutter":2tem6o82 said:

Attachments

• DSC07660.JPG
    DSC07660.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,851
Just noticed this... pretty cool... double water bottle cage :cool:

Attachments

• image_1.png
    image_1.png
    154.5 KB · Views: 1,845
Re:

That looks like the start of a sweet looking build . Were the thumbies hard to find in 6 speed ? Like the extended seat tube too . Much nicer to look at than a mile of seatpost , like my Bontrager :roll: What does the smaller frame look like ?

Edit ; just re read . Exactly the same is a bit of a give away :facepalm:

Mike

Back