Well... it's a TREK :O

capri_77":nwrraaje said:
I had no idea these are canti version... work great with v-brakes. I had Avid v-brake levers before and they pulled just as much cable...
Are you positive these are for cantis?

Hmmm.... I am not sure...

Here's a copy of some magazine:

altek.jpg

Yours are called the BL15 and these pull less cable then the BL25 so I thought the BL15 is for canti, but reading the description both seems for V brakes...?
Well, If they work OK probably the are for V's as well...

As you can see they are advertised as ALM, no idea what that means.
In the mag is also a brake set itself from ALM ( = Altek), so they made brakes as well, never seen any on ebay orso, let alone in the flesh....

Seriously, get some bar end plugs, seen some very nasty accidents from legs being gouged by unplugged bar ends.

nice car, awesome bike. if someone told me about it and listed all the different colours i think i'd be a bit put off but it looks awesome mate. i'd get some plugs in the bar ends though - wouldnt fancy them sticking in my leg!

i remember being blown away when trek released the satin finnishes. i thought it looked like frosted glass!

edit: just seen post above ref bar end plugs! must read all the way through in future!

Don't worry about plugs for bar ends. I took them off for the looks when taking the pictures :D I hate these black plastic things... :? Are there some good looking plugs I could use?

I'm glad you like the bike, to be honest I was not so sure about coloring when planning all this. Stickers on the frame would suggest using red silver and black but I wanted MORE colors :D and thats what came out of it...

REKIBorter":49c8pwqb said:
Seriously, get some bar end plugs, seen some very nasty accidents from legs being gouged by unplugged bar ends.

Theres a pic in a mag this month of beauty of a injury, bar smack between the eyes and almost a perfect circle of skin cut out. Just a kind of circular flap left :shock:

capri_77":20kv757n said:
D I hate these black plastic things... :? Are there some good looking plugs I could use?

you used to be able to get clear ones from fred salmon and probably plenty of other places. i assume they are the same size as normal bar plugs

oooooo nice and shiney !!
mate i havnt been on this forum for that long either, but i can tell you that your bike is well worth showing on here............. realy nice bits on it mate, like the rear mech the levers etc...... quality

Hugii 8spd cassette... at least that's what someone told me this is...
One thing is sure, it is very light (180 gramms 12-32).
Anyone here seen this thing before?

Attachments

• IMG_0551.JPG
    IMG_0551.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 940
  • IMG_0561.JPG
    IMG_0561.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 940
Back