1988 Grove Innovations Assault

The Assault is off to Roy (Yo-Eddy) now but I thought I'd post a few pics from a spring trip I got in on the Grove.

Went to West Virginia and Virginia for a couple of days of riding with my mate. He was very adament that I should bring a full springer bike to handle the trails...nah, I'm man enough for the old school ridgid :D

Beautiful trails and a bit of a surprise with the weather one day...

Attachments

• lil drop.JPG
    lil drop.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 3,246
  • bridge.JPG
    bridge.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 3,247
  • Douthat trip 1.JPG
    Douthat trip 1.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 3,247
  • snow.JPG
    snow.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 3,247
:D :D :D Had to dig deep, but knew from the back of my memory that this post existed! Really good feeling that I can finally take this bike out for a trip through CO soon. First pics will be posted during my stay cause I´m travelling with my camera and laptop adicted mate ;)
happy trails Roy

Looking forward to the pics - the last lot your mate took were simply outstanding.

What camera/lens combo does he use?

I'm flying to the states next week too Roy. Unfortunately not with my bike to CO but with twenty family members to FC, sorry FL. :cry:

Little Bob":3huba4rj said:
Looking forward to the pics - the last lot your mate took were simply outstanding.

What camera/lens combo does he use?

Not an expert on this subject, pretty sure he uses a Canon 40D though. He did uses 2 lenses on that shoot an 1.4 50mm canon and another wide angle lens...... will ask details later :roll:

Elev12k said:
I have to deal with constraints like space and money, but of the brands I mentioned in my above post it is most likely I will go for a Grove. With my current knowledge I doubt whether John Parker was always serious towards the quality of his bikes (correct me if I am wrong)@ eBay bookmarked.

Curious: after a while browsing throught the Internet and looking at some Yetis live - including mine, which, even if it's not a high end model, has still an ARC front end - I have come to the conclusion Yeti is one of the most overrated brands. I don't want to be blasphemous here: the n.1 bike on my wish list is a profro, but Parker himself declared he prayed the whole 1990 world championship DH race for Furtado's frame not to split...

novekili":u9op68tu said:
Curious: after a while browsing throught the Internet and looking at some Yetis live - including mine, which, even if it's not a high end model, has still an ARC front end - I have come to the conclusion Yeti is one of the most overrated brands. I don't want to be blasphemous here: the n.1 bike on my wish list is a profro, but Parker himself declared he prayed the whole 1990 world championship DH race for Furtado's frame not to split...

Parker was referring to the C-26, the construction of which he never trusted. The original FRO had the reputation for cracks, but I believe the Tange-framed PROFro was much stronger.

Interesting debate, one that was raised earlier in the week in an MTBR thread. In terms of ride and build quality, I can totally see why one would view Yetis as overrated.

Depends on when you consider a brand overrated. If you buy a frame for refined detailing than a Yeti isn't the 1st brand you should consider. If you want a bike with expressive, racy aesthics and great heritage than it is the pick for you. Part of the heritage is of course that a bunch of people managed it to sell Giant quality at WTB money :LOL: Not everybody would have succeeded in that!

Latest posts

Back