1950's A.E.Elsegood finished!

Boscarn

rBotM Winner
I have finished restoring the A.E.Elsegood, the frame date from the 1950’s and I have finished it in burgundy and ivory, with decals supplied from World Decals, with gold lug lining, All done by my own hand with a final coat of 2K lacquer applied by my local car body shop. Previous post can be found here; viewtopic.php?f=12&t=291502.
The frame is light, weighing in at 1937g and forks 752g and is fitted with Simplex dropouts that date from 1952. The lugs have been hand filed to shape, more info on A.E.Eslegood can be found here; http://www.lfgss.com/thread109190.html.
The bike was previously restored in the 1970’s and I have kept the Viscount hubs and Weinmann rims and rebuilt them with DT swiss DB spokes and fitted some 27 X 1 1/8 “ Panaracer Pasella tyres. These hubs are cartridge bearings and run as smooth as the best.
The gearing is a 1950’s Campagnolo Gran Sport and Campag shifter, I have managed to fit a 6 speed block that gives me a useful range of gears, the clearances are tight but all works well and runs silently with a new chain. The chainset is a Campagnolo GS with a NOS Williams 48t chainring. Pedals are an ongoing subject, but I have a pair of Chater Lee pedals that may well end up on this bike.
Brakes are Universal 68 with matching levers and new Scott Mathauser blocks.
The stem is a CB/GB with some very nice bars from GB.
The saddle is a Brooks Competition B17, the 26.8mm seatpost is unknown ( as photo ), but I have found a Triplex Areo post that will do until I find something more suitable.
It rides like a dream, even better that I had hoped for and I have ridden many bikes

Attachments

• AEEslegood6.jpg
    AEEslegood6.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 1,036
  • AEEslegood3.jpg
    AEEslegood3.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 1,036
  • AEEslegood2.jpg
    AEEslegood2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,036
  • AEEslegood1.jpg
    AEEslegood1.jpg