Got my hands on a Panasonic PR-6000

doctor-bond,

My guess is 1991, but I still have to verify that with the serial#

It is getting shape! =>

2679000997_dfa033c48f_b.jpg

2679824156_96ee917d77_b.jpg

2679006585_10d2570740_b.jpg

In the catalogue the bike is specced with a Dura Ace 7400 fluted post, but my bike has an AX style post. For some kind of reason it is a larger diameter from which the lower 10cm are milled down the the correct size. No idea why, but fact is its surface is way grippier now, so maybe that was the reason? =>

2679002453_8dea30eeaa_b.jpg

Next I batch of pics will be of a finished bike ;) :)

Looks awesome - but lose those bottle cages and get some nice shiny stainless steel or alloy ones!

Have you seen Hudz? You can get blue hoods for your STIs to match the rest of the bike.

Hi Terry,

You are right on the cages. They do not look bad imho, but say an Elite Inox would be more elegant. The blue bike in the 2nd last pic has one, but than it has to miss his. And a Profile on that bike will really look worse. Point is I have many of those Profiles laying around and they are actually quite good. The Pana originally came with an aluminium Elite cage, but that one was cracked on the weld. Aluminium junk. I think whenever I find Inox cages for cheap I will buy some. They are crap for mountainbikes (you loose your bottle all the time), but are adequate for road bikes and look neat.

Panasonic

That Panasonic is gorgeous.

Are any of you familiar with the Bridgestone RB-1?
I've just managed to secure one. Amazingly, the American seller is in the UK next month and he is bringing it over with him. I wanted an Italian bike next but I couldn't resist lugged Japanese steel.

Re: Panasonic

i-am-iron-man":200qrafj said:
That Panasonic is gorgeous.

Are any of you familiar with the Bridgestone RB-1?
I've just managed to secure one. Amazingly, the American seller is in the UK next month and he is bringing it over with him. I wanted an Italian bike next but I couldn't resist lugged Japanese steel.

I am not very familiar with the RB-1. We didn't have those Bridgestones overhere. Nevertheless, on the web they caught my atention many times. I for example very well recall the model 'Grand Velo'. A well made beaut in orange.

The Panasonis not the only Japanese bike in my collection btw. I have another Panasonic, a mountainbike. Moreover I have a little collection of Miyatas and Koga Miyatas. Example of a neat Koga semi pro roadbike.

Latest posts

Back