1992 Litespeed Mountain

troje

Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
This week I got my hands on this beauty. I knew I was after a decent Ti frame but finding one in my size and the right year and brand.... not so easy. 1992 leaves me with some options to build it up. M900 would look fantastic on it. But I have a near complete XC Pro gruppo available from that same year. And love to have a rider available with Suntour. Now first priority is to find a fork. Someone suggested me to buy a new Ti fork for it. Nice option, but I rather keep it with retro parts. Maybe an Accu-Trax fork in black? Or a nice Ritchey Logic? Definitely this one is staying rigid. Litespeed stem, bar and maybe even saddle post are on my haunt list as well.

Not too much information though about these frames. What's the seatpost size? I measure 27.0 with my caliper, let's go and try fit some seatposts later. The headtube is shimmed, same as the seattube. I measure an OD of 30.0mm which is 1" JIS standard. Should I try fitting a 30.2mm ISO headset?

Seattube requires a 31.8 clamped front mech. Hmmm.... I have an XC Pro available, but only in 28.6.

Another question mark is the current livery. It looks like that Litespeed decals where never put on the down tube and top tube. Maybe I'll leave it like this, appreciate this modest look. Let's see how it will look like when building up.

foto%25201%2520%252837%2529.JPG

foto%25202%2520%252837%2529.JPG

Re:

Nice buy :D

A very subtle looking frame, free of decals and a garish paint job its able to show its self to the world in all its slended T.I glory

A Suntour groupset (a path less travelled) would also add to the over build

Looking forward to seeing this come together

Re: Re:

dirttorpedo":1zupu1f6 said:
Imagine a Campy build with a Kona p2 fork.

Campy is so nice, but I reckon it takes me more than two years to find the components. Fork is still an open question. I'll put in a black unicrown Tange prestige to see how that looks, but play also with the idea to source a silver or black Bontrager fork.

Re:

Some slow progress on this one... At least in my head. More or less I've made up my mind on how to build it up. Let's start with forks and headset. Being a bit of a Canada lover, I just could not resist to get a 1" Syncros fork for it. I really wonder how that will look. Headset will be probably be a threaded silver Campagnolo, if I can find one.

Gruppo. Can't resist to build it up with Suntour, I have most parts already here, only just found the 31.8 front mech I was missing. The set is a '92 seven speed Microdrive that I so much like. My '92 Altitude has that same groupset, but I almost never ride it unfortunately. This one definitely will see more mud!

Seat, seatpost, steerer and stem.. Ideally Litespeed stuff, but quite hard to find and I definitely want to start riding this Summer...

Latest posts

Back