Grove Hard Core frameset

Aaack! Good Golly Melvin, a FLEXSTEM!!!

Oh my dear boy, where did you lose the way???? :?

You know in your heart that the Hothead belongs on that build. Say it with me now...step away from the mushy stem, step away from the mushy stem. :D

The Hothead is made of moderately thinner tubing, however, it is heat treated to increase the strength and fatigue resistance of the metal...nice unit...belongs on an equally nice frame (BIG HINT!!!).

Looking spiffy...keep us updated.

cheers,

rody

hmmm, I know a guy that can build you a set if he knocks the rust off the fixture ;)

ride hard Aaron,

rody

rody":3tnzq86l said:
You know in your heart that the Hothead belongs on that build.

cheers,

rody

Rody, you very well know what I have in my heart :mrgreen:

No Flexstems for me

The Hothead is indeed an awesome part ...and matching in colour! If it wasn't for that, I had fitted it anyway as the extreme rise required leaves not much room for alternatives. At least, if one doesn't want to go the riserbar route ...and I don't want - of course :mrgreen:

@agrove
This Hammerhead => http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Grove-Innov ... dZViewItem ...ended not long ago :( It wasn't in blue like your HC, but neutral black wouldn't have been bad either - imo.

- Melvin

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
eek.. seems like it got let go cheappp. I could find that much in the cushins on my couch!!

I think I am going to either have my dad build up a new stem with a little steeper angle, or a hammerhead bar combo...

Love your reaction .

Cant find this piece of MTB , but it is ok , my dad invented it and can build me another one . :cool:

That is so cooooooooool to able to say that .

Yeah, its pretty sweet. I try my hardest not to ever brag about it tho.

We are currently working on a full sussy/freeride style bike. But Ill get flammed for bringing new age stuff into a retro forum :D

No, you are not :!: ...or to put it more correctly: That must be a classic already ;) Please show us :p ...when done

Back