Scottish version of L'Eroica - now The Bravo Scozia Ride

Looks like a brilliant ride out and very sorry I missed it. Great pics and write up.
Haven't been south for a while now as a few things happening at home.
Like Highlandsflyer, theres always next year.
Or maybe sooner for a casual ride out, and a drum up :)
I am also up for the mid ride cuppa ;)

Jamie

Sorry of offense I have caused. Down here the older members of the CTC ruled the local area group vetoing any new ideas for years. We even had an AGM where a member with support shouted down every new idea despite the fact he was in his 90's and had been clinically blind for 20 years. Drum Ups were just an idea that reminded me of those old stick in the muds.
I believe most of the dinosaurs have now joined the fossil record and new blood is changing stuff, at last.

I get the picture. It doesn't mean a brew up on a ride is a bad thing. I like the expression "Drum up" and want to use it but without the connotations of dogma and traditions being sacrosanct to the detriment of progress. I welcome new ideas but enjoy couching them in nostalgia. We need to engage young people too and teaching the way of our mothers and fathers, both right and wrong, is important for them.

good to hear this is still happening, I've not see a black can on ride for 25+ yrs

do it regularly in the hills, so why not on the bike

A sit down for a cuppa mid ride would at least give us an excuse for the 15 minutes or so of gabbing we do at those points anyway.

Any body going to Bikefest in Kingussie tomorrow? Illmbe in tweeds doing up an old Rudge. My Glamourous daughter Tabitha is coming too. She will be riding a ladies Rudge from 1920. Maybe a bit too retro..? Come and say hello.

It's also Victorian Day in Strathpeffer, so that's where I'll be.

But any younger gentleman not hot footing it to Kingussie needs his head read. :)

Foxfan":2inqtibr said:
Any body going to Bikefest in Kingussie tomorrow? Illmbe in tweeds doing up an old Rudge. My Glamourous daughter Tabitha is coming too. She will be riding a ladies Rudge from 1920. Maybe a bit too retro..? Come and say hello.

Is it just on saturday?

I'll be in Newtonmore on sunday.

Back