MacRetro Mini Meet Carron Valley 1030am, Hit Trail 11am.

clockworkgazz":eem03e51 said:
kaiser are you coming up from girvin? If you want to take the one car you could drop in killie and we could head up in my car, save the planet and all that?

Girvin???????FFS???????? I know the humps becoming more prominent and my eyes appear close together because of the monobrow but GIRVIN :roll: :twisted: :LOL:

Oi ! Kaiser,

I thought it was us east coasters who are supposed to be snobs, you want to be careful there, you could cause a demarcation dispute ! :LOL: ;)

Just fitted cantilevers to my bike as the cheapo v-brakes I had were awful but forgot to change the levers. Suddenly my canti brakes are quite good, must be that extra leverage, thus I'm not going to fit the correct levers. An example of a beneficial mistake :D

However there might be a good reason others do not do this :?

Velo isn't it something to do with the modulation? Too much 'on' too soon as you try to feather down a slope.

Did not realise Girvin did conventional forks, thought they only did those multi link single shock thingies.

Same fork as the RST Hi-5 aren't they? Had some on my Coyote DH thingy....

Will be there sunday, on the new bike, but it has a retro seat, does that count?

Davedownhill":2m334zah said:
Did not realise Girvin did conventional forks, thought they only did those multi link single shock thingies.

Same fork as the RST Hi-5 aren't they? Had some on my Coyote DH thingy....

Will be there sunday, on the new bike, but it has a retro seat, does that count?

Yes, and the riders more than retro enough :LOL:

Modulation for feathering brakes, sounds like someone thinks I'm a good mtb'er, how kind :)

Down hill for me is usually, aaaaarrgg going too fast and grab a handful of rear brake, aaarggg canti's not powerful enough still moving, all weight over back wheel and prayer, aaahh slowing at last !

Thus a more sudden application of speed retardation is fine with me. Also though I can let the pads sit further off the rim for more mud clearance so that the initial travel is just thin air not rim straight off !. Finally its the only decent brakes I have currently that are not fitted to another bike.

Scarily sudden brakes are unlikely but i'll probably crash without their involvement anyway as CV is new terrain to me !

Looking forward to it but not 40 plus miles by scooter into indian country and then once battered and knackered 40 plus miles back to civilisation. Must show willing though, 'The Ken' and 'P20' are going much further than me !

Cheers

weathers promising :) whats the trail like BTW anyone done it before?

Davedownhill":1xxpsk95 said:
Its pretty mellow, more a blue than a red, but with a funpark section at the end which can be rocky in places. Short lap with gentle climbs/downs...
trailmap at http://www.carronvalley.org.uk/

Good stuff Dave, was getting worried about bringing a rigid singlespeed as everyones bringing sus.

Back