pace rc36 pro class (1997) manual???

Gazbally

Old School Hero
Hi all,
Has anybody got said manual for stripping down please? My adjuster when turned from 1-2 does not dampen anymore....
Im guessing new oil? Seals?
2nd question,
does anybody have parts for sale for rebuild? and what quantity/grade oil do i need? Best place to buy...
All help gratefully appreciated in advance...[/i]

Tim (member: justbackdated) on here sells spares. Alternatively I have a pair of Evo3's for spares I'm selling.
On one of mine the knob un-bonded / came loose (it's like a hosetail fitting) and it lost air pressure.
If you only need odd seals then I have a few of each type you can have for postage to save buying a complete kit.
Manual, (basic) parts diagrams and oil types and levels are here:
http://www.pacecycles.com/?page_id=152

Cheers man, mine are the eibach sprung ones...with gold pipes, carbon fibre legs and braces and magnesium parts...

I have a manual I can copy for you but they are not really much use for proper service work; too much detail missing!!

Also have spare parts and seals for sale, if it is a 1997 RC36 Pro Class the problem is likely to be the reed valves on the back of the damper piston, they are fragile and can break quite easily, particularly if too heavy a weight oil has been used in the past. Damper oil also has a limited life in forks and needs to be replaced occasionally. Pace damping adjustment was always quite er.......subtle!

Also, the spring guide in the lower leg can unscrew from the damper rod leading to no damping at all. This also means only one leg is holding the fork together too!! :roll:

I have a PDF of the manual... send me a PM with an email address and i sent it over...

If they need work, I can heartily recommend Justbackdated, he's done a couple of fine jobs for me!

I have a PDF of the manual... send me a PM with an email address and i sent it over...

If they need work, I can heartily recommend Justbackdated, he's done a couple of fine jobs for me!

Re:

ringo":24kvf3f2 said:

Old thread bump, but do you still have a copy at all Ringo?

:D

Re: Re:

Dossa":3heejap1 said:
ringo":3heejap1 said:

Old thread bump, but do you still have a copy at all Ringo?

:D

I have just bought a pair of these. Can I have a copy of the manual also??

Re:

Ditto, I'd like more information on these as I have just happened upon a pair. I just pumped a little bit of grease into one of the legs and the seal popped out and it's split !

Back