riders in the essex area?

hoegaardenadds1

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
hi there i live in colchester and bar someone i've already spoken to, any one from around essex here? i used to ride in laindon, warley, and north/south weald, oh and danbury.

Hi adds.
Apart from me ( being the other person you've spoke to! ) don't know if there's any other retro bikers in the Colchester area ;) ..... dunno who the guy is that was riding the tasty P7 Nickel though :?:
If you can, come along to the thetford ride 3rd Aug. I can pick you and your bike up if you want..... whereabouts are you?
Definately a good day's riding and you'll get to put some faces to the names.
..... put the road wheels on the Scott the other night and rode from Laindon to Colchester after work..... certainly much more fun than the Friday commute home and on a bad day you'll probably get back quicker than the car :cool:

Cheers,
boy"O"boy

Not that close but I'm based in Rayleigh. My housemate is a fellow retrobiker and a mechanic friend of mine thinks he painted some frames for someone from the forum, but he doesn't know who!

That i'll be me Dave.
Is your mechanic friend Gary?....works at Dunton.... Top bloke. He's restored some fantastic cars in his time .... an all round genuine nice guy. :cool:

Cheers,
Boy"O"boy

His name is Andy, and he works out of a workshop near the Dick Turpin pub on the A127. This must mean there's more of us out there!

random_dave_1":2xuad4k1 said:
This must mean there's more of us out there!

They must be the one's that watch from the sidelines :LOL:
.... c'mon get registered if it's one of you :D .... or the guy with the nickel Orange P7 that rides around Colchester.

Cheers Dave, might see you riding retro round Laindon, Benfleet, Canvey etc..? :D

boy"O"boy

Indeed you might. Next time I get out the KHS will be white with black sids, it's having a bit of a revamp. I'm trying out a powder coating firm by the A127/A130 junction.

I tend to head over to hockley woods, if you have any recommendations for good trails I'm always looking for new stomping grounds.

Warley, Brentwood, Ongar etc....but YEARS ago on a 3-speed 'tracker' with Cow Horns and Sturmey Archer 3-speed :LOL:

wow laindon to the 'chester whats that about 40 miles? used to work in basildump but never plucked up the courage to bike it! i take it you work at fords then?

It's about 38.5 miles. Riding again after work tonight with a work pal.
..... spot on with the Ford guess though. :D

Still up for Thetford on the 3rd?

cheers,
boy"O"boy

Back