My New Arrival - Hounds of Hell Beware, the Fox is loose

stumpjumper1990":1mo7kvjv said:
And,

Show us the fork!!

;)
B

Bart - come on m8 you know I need you to find me another Gouda Yellow Dutch Accutrax in 1" (165 steerer please) for 99euro's!!! :shock:

In the meantime you Wide Awake Clubbers (historic reference to retro children's TV - for our European cousins :LOL: I'm sure u tube will supply proof :shock: ) will have to make good with something from 'alifax :xmas-wink:

Any how a very nice XC Pro Rd has joined its brethren :cool: :

How about a front wheel and fruit (or veg if you prefer :facepalm: )

I'm rebuilding the <yorkshire dialect on> t'forks <dialect off> at the mo and then we're away with the fairies :mrgreen:

This was never meant as a wallet waving build (see my work on the £6.50 stem above) but there's some things that are just so right and...

After watching a small supply of these over in the colonies ( ;) ) whittle down to a single pair i took the plunge, borrowed from my kids' piggy banks and these arrived (with protracted negotiation with the behemoth that is now Royal Mail Import Charging P**s Take Online)

I give you:

Soon.......

Bit late, but thought this pic may be of interest. Muddy Fox Aluminum Team Pro 1989 model, bought new by me back in February 1990 in Switzerland, to compete in national Downhill championships (3 years racing as an amateur) and for high-altitude offroad touring in the Alps. Oh yes, it has been carried up (and sometimes back down :LOL: ) some really big hills. Still in use today.

Same wonderful grey-purple/purple-grey paint job, though now with a few chips!
Forks (Tange Prestige in black), handlebars, head stem, grips, brake levers, gear shifters, Shimano cranks, front & rear derailleurs, all unchanged from new. Originally Deore XT throughout. Note long low head stem - makes for very nervous but highly maneuverable bike.

Attachments

• MF Alu Team Pro 89.jpg
    MF Alu Team Pro 89.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 455
Looking forward to seeing this one finished :D

martyash185":1e9uiplh said:
Same wonderful grey-purple/purple-grey paint job, though now with a few chips!

Chips are best covered with gravy *

* traditional Yorkshire fayre ;)

Thanks for posting martyash185 - that's the only other one i've ever seen!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

I like the size too - mine's a 19 and on my limit.

Will dig all my parts out and get me wheels built up for the summer....

Had been prepared, complete with yellow hand protectors, as a spare bike for one of the riders in the '89 season Muddy Fox team in Switzerland but never used, hence 'new' when I bought it. Apart from the team bikes and the one that the local Solothurn-based Muddy Fox dealer rode himself, I have never seen any others either.

Back