More Fat Content

One more, for posterity (my favorite shot).

Gawd, Can't get to sleep, so where do I go? My happy place, Retrobike.

I've got the remorse already. But, it's for the best. Like a few weeks after breaking up with a gal and thinking you shouldn't have... or maybe, she dumped you and you want to go throw rocks at her window. ;)

Attachments

• Full Frontal.jpg
    Full Frontal.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,861
do you know more about the bike? i thought the box crown fork was something of the early to mid 80s. how did it end up on the newer frame? also, is the headset crown race not fully on it's seat at the bottom of the steerer tube?

Carsten

Picked it up from a roadie a while back. He had gotten it from the original owner. It was going to be built up as a single speed. But, he had a Colnogo that needed his full attention. So, he decided to sell and put his love in to the road bike. I think the Wicked has always been exp attractive to the road riders, due to the elegant lines of the frame (just my opinion). Yes, the crown race was 1/16 to 1/8 off. But, the works was just on there finger tight and just went back on the wall rack until I could get it sorted properly. I had my LBS (vintage retro heads) sort it and go through everything today in preparation for the auction. Needless to say it grew quite a crowd at the shop. Either that or all the mechanics where looking for an excuse to take 5. They were all digging the look of the XC Pro bearing racing in concert with the head tube, etc. and drooling over the bike overall. They couldn't believe the condition and that it had never been built up! Got a few offers the hour or so I was there, but held firm. It's a 90, early I assume, it was built especially for the client, thus the rare fork. One day I spent 5 minutes staring just at the fork (I just love those gussets on the legs). My better-half just thought I "had went to that special place I go to sometimes staring at bikes." But she only gets concerned when I start talking to myself at the same time :LOL:

Back