softride beam ritchey cool

DrJo

Senior Retro Guru
Ola mi Amigo's
What can I say, another total unicorn just dropped into my lap. Again I want to shout out the Guvnor for some serious props as this would have remained a pipedream without this little gem of a forum. Thanx John!!

This for me is the real deal. For now I have enough projects .. 7 bikes, one for each day of the week........ Once they're mostly up and riding I might just do it some more.

Obviously this didn't arrive without some considerable help from our old friend cash moolah, in all this has set me back £180 but as there's not too many of them and their definitely much underrated I think I gotta fair price with little hassle. Anybody wanna start a bunfight about softrides my dads a big fat baker with hands the size of 12" pizza bases.

Mostly going to build this with parts from the shed and ride it.. then think about whether or not to go the full resto ala mombat.
mmm mombat
http://mombat.org/MOMBAT/Bikes/1995_Rit ... _Beam.html

Attachments

• 001crop.jpg
    001crop.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 727
Re:

That is totally super-cool! :cool:

Been looking a few softrides recently on ebay, but they were all road bikes. To get a Ritchey one is very special, you're very lucky!
Can I have a go on it when you've built it? :D

EDIT: Isn't that a bit small for you? ;)

Ah yeah baby pimped up matching wheelset time..... not one for the purists as later spec but red ritchey wheels how could I not. Now I need some transmission.... and a saddle, ritchey of course!!

Attachments

• ritchey1.jpg
    ritchey1.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 521
Back