1992 Klein Adroit redux

Re:

Hi Martin,

I have to revive this thread, as I have a few questions which may also be of interest to others. Background: I have been offered a 1992 Adroit Gator (still waiting for more pics and Details)

1. How would you describe the fading process of the Gator colour: does the green turn blue (like Rainforest) or does it just become lighter and less brighter?

2. Do the decals on the fork have white outlines? One one of your pics (and one I have been sent by the seller) it looks as if the decals are just black.

3. How light is the Klein labelled Kalloy seatpost? Edit: according to the catalogue 263.5g.

For easier reference I have added your pics here:

DSC_1369-vi.jpg

9_302645436537825_1847464702_n-vi.jpg

Thanks! I was hoping: the more blue, the more faded. This would make it easier to evaluate the condition on pics.

There are 1992 frames with white outlines as well. Klein made two Versions for the same model year?

large_KLEINAdroitGatorLinearFade1992No_3.JPG

(C) Nightstorm95/mtb-news.de

Re:

Looks good there, any side view and top view pics?, it's the top surfaces that fade the most of course.

Re:

Unless it's debossed all MC1 Adroits would have had white outlines around all of their decals.

In my experience the blue fades the most, ultimately becomes white, the green more than yellow because it's a combination of blue and yellow, and the Yellow loses vibrance over time.

The klein post was just a Kalloy post with a Klein logo. They were working on lighter milled out clamps but those never made it to market.

My storm Adroit came with a thinner wall post with carbon fiber bonded to the inside. I think they made a few like that. Never weighed it.

Latest posts

Back